Kevin's Tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by Kevin Athans, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Kevin Athans

Kevin Athans New Member Member

I have a 29 gallon that is extremely over-filtered. I inherited guppies and cory cats. The cory cats are great, but the guppies are out of control. My number one plan is to control the guppies.

I did make some new fish additions. I got 6 cherry barns, 6 glolight tetra, and 6 neons. All are beautiful and healthy.

To manage the guppies, I got 10 ghost shrimp and 3 frogs. The shrimp are hard to find, but appear to be doing well. One frog is getting out there and eating with the cories. Another is a little skiddish, but is eating. I haven't seen the 3rd one much.

The frogs and shrimp have seemed to chased the fry to the top of the tank.

I have 2 German Blue Rams on order. I hope that will control my guppies.

I will keep you all updated on my community.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    Kevin Athans

Shrimp

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    Kevin Athans

Tank

Attached Files:

4. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

Nice! How many guppies and cories do you have? I think the GBR will do great at fry control! Do you think that 3 schools of mid dwellers is a little much for that section? Also neons prefer a cooler temp that rams so you may want to rehome the neons or you could replace them with cardinals

5. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

Gorgeous set-up. Good luck getting rid of those guppies!

6. OP
    OP
    Kevin Athans

How much of a temp difference? I'm trying to find a happy medium.

7. OP
    OP
    Kevin Athans

Actually the tank looks great. The cories have the bottom and the guppies stick to the top. My only issue is my cherry barbs seem to hide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice