Kessil A80 Gooseneck Doesn’t Fit

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by ujl1236, Sep 9, 2018.

1. ujl1236

ujl1236New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    I received the innovative marine nuvo 10 tank package as a gift. This comes with the nuvo 10 tank, media basket, and ghost protein skimmer. I purchased the a80 gooseneck. With the protein skimmer in back the gooseneck doesn’t fit because of the hard plastic piece. In the picture you can see the hard plastic piece. I could remove the piece and just have the metal against the glass. I’m not sure if this is the best idea. Or I could make a smaller plastic piece to rest against the glass. Wasn’t sure if anybody has been through this before. Thanks for any help. IMG_4540.

Attached Files:

2. oOBlueOo

oOBlueOoWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +465
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    I would think that you could use a piece of Styrofoam instead. I have the same light and I just have mine on cheap 10-gallon aquarium.

3. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,084
    Experience:
    1 year
    The only issue I see with styrofoam is the flaky nature of the stuff. I sure wouldn't want bits of it in my tank and it will break down in saltwater. @ the OP is the tank rimmed or rimless? I had a similar issue with my AI Hydras on my rimmed 90 gallon and ended up having to go with a rail mount as it was the only way it felt stable without compromising the structural integrity of the tank.

4. oOBlueOo

oOBlueOoWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +465
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Oops. I totally did not see this was in saltwater.

For a rail mount, did you connect it directly to the wall or to the tank?

5. OP
    OP
    ujl1236

ujl1236New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    It is a rimless tank. I found some hard plastic washers that are half the thickness of the original block. I believe this will work. If not I will definitely be checking out a rail mount system.

6. Jesterrace

JesterraceWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,084
    Experience:
    1 year
    The tank. It just sits on the sides, but is surprisingly stable/sturdy.