Kenyi Rescue

Cowfish928

Hello, I just wanted to share this new fish I got. It is a KenyI cichlid, but the reason I say I rescued it, is because I feel like no one would want him/her because it doesn't have a tail, and it won't grow back, you can see that the wound healed over time. The little guy was very stressed in the aquarium at the fish store, it protracted ich. So they gave it to me for free, I put it in my quarantine and am treating it. So far it doesn't seem as stressed as before and the color seems a bit better, but that might be due to the black substrate. I named it scooter.

It might look like it has clamp fin in the picture, but it doesn't I just took the photo when it's fins were closed.

AWheeler

Poor thing! Are you going to just give it it's own little tank?

Cowfish928

Well, I'm going to see how it does in my community, if it becomes stressed out I will give it it's own with some rocks and caverns. I think she will be ok in the community if I add some more hiding spots. I will let you know!

APierce

AWheeler

I'd be afraid to put it in the community tank with the other cichlids... I have ones that are known to be aggressive little buggers though Good luck!

Cowfish928

My community doesn't have any other cichlids, except and angel, that's why I think she will be ok. But we will see.

APierce

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom