Kenyi Cichlid Not Eating?

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
I have a 36 gallon bowfront with 2 mbuna in it, 1 3” Albino zebra and 5”Kenyi. For the past 3-4 days the Kenyi hasn’t ate food. I have been feeding them Hikari Cichlids Pellets for over a year but never has this happened that he stopped eating. So I was worried if he has Malawi Bloat or some other disease, He does swim all over the tank and looks normal but just isn’t eating, or is this just normal for mbuna? Please help me
1DC0BD10-836C-4624-802D-796D028B01CB.jpeg
E7A3881E-B4CE-4403-98AF-2F03A0B54015.jpeg

edevingo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mbuna should always be wanting to eat. Has anything changed? Are you sure he's not eating? He doesn't look to have bloat but then again the tell tale signs usually come at the end. How big is the tank? 2 Mbuna in any tank size would most likely be very stressful for both of them.

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Nothing has changed as far as I recall. He may take a pellet or 2 and ignores the rest of the pellets, It's a 36 Bowfront, dimensions are 30"Length 15"Depth 21"Height. 2 Mbuna are not a reasonable stocking that I know. I am going to my LFS over the weekend to get 5-6 more Mbuna, but it would be really helpful if you help me with stocking on my other post
edevingo said:
Mbuna should always be wanting to eat. Has anything changed? Are you sure he's not eating? He doesn't look to have bloat but then again the tell tale signs usually come at the end. How big is the tank? 2 Mbuna in any tank size would most likely be very stressful for both of them.

edevingo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry if I wasn't clear regarding the 2 Mbuna. What I memt was with only 2 they have only each other to "battle" so to speak for territory and most likely the territory will be the entire tank.
Hanzla Khan said:
Nothing has changed as far as I recall. He may take a pellet or 2 and ignores the rest of the pellets, It's a 36 Bowfront, dimensions are 30"Length 15"Depth 21"Height. 2 Mbuna are not a reasonable stocking that I know. I am going to my LFS over the weekend to get 5-6 more Mbuna, but it would be really helpful if you help me with stocking on my other post
I'll find your other post now.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom