Kenyi Cichlid Building A Fort

aae0130

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My kenyi seems to be preparing for a future snow ball fight or something. :emoji_grinning:

He just keeps digging and digging and piling up the substrate. He is quite funny to watch. It’s a good thing my rock structures are not real and very light weight because he is undermining them. He has been at it for hours and although he usually makes some holes they have never been this big. I want to see where this goes.....

Attachments

THRESHER

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's awesome! I had an Electric Blue Johanni that was quite the excavator also. Once I fixed everything up, he'd start the digging for hours. The next day he's tunneled under the rocks and I'd have to close up his digging site, which he would get angry at me for, lol! Then he'd start all over again. I had rearranged the slate slabs and he again started digging under them. Next day I saw how much he dug I knew the slate would collapse so again I closed his digging site. This was a daily thing. I was amazed and angry at the same time. I would have kept him if he didn't get so aggressive towards his tank mates. I had to rehome him.

My other cichlids don't dig, but they will, on occasion, get a mouthful of sand and spit it back out, but nothing like my EBJ. Enjoy that digging show!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom