Kensfish.com

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by Butterfly, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Once a year I make a big order to Kensfish.com and this years has just arrived.

1g Prime - 68.99
    1g Flourish Excel - 46.99
    2 oz Repashy meat pie - 6.98
    8 oz Kens earthworm sticks - 5.25
    8 oz Kens premium spirulina + bits of garlic and paprika - 5.25
    Kens premium Brine shrimp sticks - 5.25
    freshwater test kit - 20.99
    Since it was over $150.00 the shipping was free.
    Love his service.
    Carol

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

If you go through a lot of prime, have you ever thought about Safe? It's the powdered, more concentraded form of Prime. 1/8th teaspoon treats 25 gallons. $8 gets you enough to treat 50,000 gallons of water.

3. James95

James95Well Known MemberMember

Nice, I may start doing a yearly or twice yearly order from ken's to cut down on my week-to-week spending at the LFS. That way I can keep tabs on how much I actually spend.

Do you order any filter media from him?

4. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Not to thread highjack here but I order just about all of my fish stuff from kens. The food they make is awesome! Love that place <3

5. OP
    OP
    Butterfly

Between the 55g at work and my tanks at home in a years time I use lots of prime. Haven't heard of safe :;dk

I have ordered just about everything at one time or another :)

Not a hijack :) I have been pleased with everything I've gotten from him too :)
    Carol

6. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I love Safe! it's cheaper and just as affective! 1 bottle lasts me about a year with 5 tanks.   It does have a bit of a concentrated smell to it ;D

7. James95

I'm definitely looking into this. Thanks so much for sharing! :;hf

8. Henri

HenriWell Known MemberMember

There are just so many great products tere, but my country is not on the shipping list :mad:! I'd love to try some of his foods, many people say it's wonderful... Maybe in the near future lol :D

9. pirahnah3

pirahnah3Fishlore VIPMember

I Love kens! Coincidently I just placed an order as well lol. He has a warehouse not too far from where I live so shipping is usually a day at most for me hehehe

10. Dino

DinoFishlore VIPMember

I have purchased from Ken for years and have never had any issues.

11. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Who have you not bought from Dino? I think you've hit the fish scene pretty hard lol

12. AlyeskaGirlFishlore VIPMember

Free shipping is great but doesn't apply to where I live. That sucks.

13. Dino

DinoFishlore VIPMember

While I will not list them here, there are several people I WILL NOT buy from.

After being in the hobby 33 years next month, and having spent more money than I care to think about on it, yeah I guess you could say I've hit it pretty hard.

14. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I thought it was closer to 300 years? So what should I be avoiding? I open to cautionary PM's lol

15. Dino

DinoFishlore VIPMember

Only been in this body for 45 years, come next month.
    BEEN a fish, for the last 19 million ;).

I will be sending you a pm.

16. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Kens also has great deals on filters! they have AquaClear on sale. I spend too much money there.

17. James95

Haha, I've been favoring amazon a bit too much lately. Time to start giving the little guys business again.

18. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

I also use Ken's for foods and supplies. The activated carbon is the cheapest that I have found to date. Anywhere from $5 to $8 cheaper buying the largest size. Super fast service compared to many other places.
    Ken

19. Reefdweller

ReefdwellerValued MemberMember

Hmmm I am going to have to check out this Kens site you guys speak of. I try to support local when I can but I am also about saving money too. Also I tend to stay busy so I cant always make it to the LFS. I have spent a ton with Amazon and I am pretty pleased with them however you have to know what your looking for to find it. I am going to go scoot around Kens site and see whats going on over there.

20. OP
    OP
    Butterfly

Welcome to FishLore!

He has a little bit of everything :) Really nice guy also.
    I like to go over and just look around his site to see what's new.
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice