Kensfish.com

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Once a year I make a big order to Kensfish.com and this years has just arrived.

1g Prime - 68.99
    1g Flourish Excel - 46.99
    2 oz Repashy meat pie - 6.98
    8 oz Kens earthworm sticks - 5.25
    8 oz Kens premium spirulina + bits of garlic and paprika - 5.25
    Kens premium Brine shrimp sticks - 5.25
    freshwater test kit - 20.99
    Since it was over $150.00 the shipping was free.
    Love his service.
    Carol

2. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

If you go through a lot of prime, have you ever thought about Safe? It's the powdered, more concentraded form of Prime. 1/8th teaspoon treats 25 gallons. $8 gets you enough to treat 50,000 gallons of water.

3. James95 Well Known Member Member

Nice, I may start doing a yearly or twice yearly order from ken's to cut down on my week-to-week spending at the LFS. That way I can keep tabs on how much I actually spend.

Do you order any filter media from him?

4. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Not to thread highjack here but I order just about all of my fish stuff from kens. The food they make is awesome! Love that place <3

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Between the 55g at work and my tanks at home in a years time I use lots of prime. Haven't heard of safe :;dk

I have ordered just about everything at one time or another :)

Not a hijack :) I have been pleased with everything I've gotten from him too :)
    Carol

6. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

7. James95 Well Known Member Member

I'm definitely looking into this. Thanks so much for sharing! :;hf

8. Henri Well Known Member Member

There are just so many great products tere, but my country is not on the shipping list :mad:! I'd love to try some of his foods, many people say it's wonderful... Maybe in the near future lol :D

9. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I Love kens! Coincidently I just placed an order as well lol. He has a warehouse not too far from where I live so shipping is usually a day at most for me hehehe

10. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I have purchased from Ken for years and have never had any issues.

11. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Who have you not bought from Dino? I think you've hit the fish scene pretty hard lol

12. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Free shipping is great but doesn't apply to where I live. That sucks.

13. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

While I will not list them here, there are several people I WILL NOT buy from.

After being in the hobby 33 years next month, and having spent more money than I care to think about on it, yeah I guess you could say I've hit it pretty hard.

14. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I thought it was closer to 300 years? So what should I be avoiding? I open to cautionary PM's lol

15. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Only been in this body for 45 years, come next month.
    BEEN a fish, for the last 19 million ;).

I will be sending you a pm.

16. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Kens also has great deals on filters! they have AquaClear on sale. I spend too much money there.

17. James95 Well Known Member Member

Haha, I've been favoring amazon a bit too much lately. Time to start giving the little guys business again.

18. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

I also use Ken's for foods and supplies. The activated carbon is the cheapest that I have found to date. Anywhere from $5 to $8 cheaper buying the largest size. Super fast service compared to many other places.
    Ken

19. Reefdweller Well Known Member Member

Hmmm I am going to have to check out this Kens site you guys speak of. I try to support local when I can but I am also about saving money too. Also I tend to stay busy so I cant always make it to the LFS. I have spent a ton with Amazon and I am pretty pleased with them however you have to know what your looking for to find it. I am going to go scoot around Kens site and see whats going on over there.

20. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!

He has a little bit of everything :) Really nice guy also.
    I like to go over and just look around his site to see what's new.
    Carol