keeping two Angelfish in a 55 gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Liam Biding, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Liam BidingNew MemberMember

hey,

I've read that you cant keep just two angelfish together but and local fish store they said it will be fine. So im confused what to do.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  2. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

You can have two together, as long as you know they are a pair. You can buy mated pairs I believe.

3. kidster9700

kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

Yeah, I've heard Angels are nearly impossible to sex though. Also, I met a couple who has three Angels in an 80gallon and have no problems so you can feel the situation

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. OP
    OP
    L

Liam BidingNew MemberMember

could you also keep rumynose and cardinal tetras with them

5. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I would not keep any tetras that are 2" or smaller with angels. Even though they are relatively peaceful compared to other cichlids, they will try to eat anything that fits in their mouths.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. Claire Bear

Claire BearWell Known MemberMember

Hi, Angels are known to eat smaller tetra. That said, I have kept for about 8 months neons with my angels. I recently split out my two pairs and they are in community tanks-one is in a 90g tall and the other pair is in a 46g bowfront.
    I would say yes, it would be fine but others would disagree on those tetras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice