keeping tank clean with baby convicts

Mrs.Steel

Reaction score
I have baby convicts on one side of my tank. I put a screen divider in the middle of my tank when i realized my convicts had laid eggs. I am wondering if i can put my pleco algae eater in with my new fish and the parents. The algae is building up on that side of the tank. The tank is getting to look dirty.. i usually do a part water change every two weeks. I am wondering how i am going to keep the tank clean with the baby fish... Any suggestions? thanks.....

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Mrs.Steel said:
I have baby convicts on one side of my tank. I put a screen divider in the middle of my tank when i realized my convicts had laid eggs. I am wondering if i can put my pleco algae eater in with my new fish and the parents. The algae is building up on that side of the tank. The tank is getting to look dirty.. i usually do a part water change every two weeks. I am wondering how i am going to keep the tank clean with the baby fish... Any suggestions? thanks.....
I heard that plecos could eat fry too. Don't know if it's true though.

sbrown64

Reaction score
Do your convicts eat their young. I have had this problem everytime they breed?

Regards

Stephen

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If your afraid of vacuuming them up put a piece of netting over the siphon nozzle. the babies need a clean tank to be healthy. As for the plec If they are over a few weeks old he shouldn't eat them.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom