Keeping Coconut Crabs?

WertyWertz
Member
Helloooo! I was wondering if it's possible to keep one of these goliaths as a pet. Of course, I would probably never keep one, but I'm just curious to see if it's possible, and if anyone here has ever kept one.

Thanks!
- Wert
 
TexasDomer
Member
You would have to check if it's even legal to collect them or keep them as pets.
 
Simply Fish
Member
Omg. I looked up s of coconut crabs to see what they were, and almost threw my computer on the floor. They're HUGE! (and eat... chickens?) Sorry! I know that's off-topic, but WOAH!!!
 
  • Thread Starter
WertyWertz
Member
TexasDomer said:
You would have to check if it's even legal to collect them or keep them as pets.
Yes, of course. As I said, I would likely NEVER keep one. I was just wondering if it's possible

Simply Fish said:
Omg. I looked up s of coconut crabs to see what they were, and almost threw my computer on the floor. They're HUGE! (and eat... chickens?) Sorry! I know that's off-topic, but WOAH!!!
Yep, they're massive! And they don't eat chickens. What you saw was most likely a red-footed booby
 
goldface
Member
Probably. People successfully keep a lot of exotics.

Just give them a large enclosure, feed them coconuts and hermit crab food. I have no idea what I’m talking about.
 
MrFluffie
Member
And now I feel like I have to have one. Thanks a lot
 
  • Thread Starter
WertyWertz
Member
MrFluffie said:
And now I feel like I have to have one. Thanks a lot
Same! Lol
 
  • Thread Starter
WertyWertz
Member
scarface said:
Probably. People successfully keep a lot of exotics.

Just give them a large enclosure, feed them coconuts and hermit crab food. I have no idea what I’m talking about.
Haha, I doubt some simple hermit crab food will keep one of these guys happy. I'm guessing I'd have to feed it a lot of fruit and raw meat. That is, if I ever were to get one
 
Redshark1
Member
If you run out of chickens I've heard they will take children.

Live, not frozen.
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom