Keeping Coconut Crabs?

WertyWertz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Helloooo! I was wondering if it's possible to keep one of these goliaths as a pet. Of course, I would probably never keep one, but I'm just curious to see if it's possible, and if anyone here has ever kept one.

Thanks!
- Wert

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You would have to check if it's even legal to collect them or keep them as pets.

Simply Fish

Reaction score
Omg. I looked up s of coconut crabs to see what they were, and almost threw my computer on the floor. They're HUGE! (and eat... chickens?) Sorry! I know that's off-topic, but WOAH!!!

OP
WertyWertz

WertyWertz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TexasDomer said:
You would have to check if it's even legal to collect them or keep them as pets.
Yes, of course. As I said, I would likely NEVER keep one. I was just wondering if it's possible

Simply Fish said:
Omg. I looked up s of coconut crabs to see what they were, and almost threw my computer on the floor. They're HUGE! (and eat... chickens?) Sorry! I know that's off-topic, but WOAH!!!
Yep, they're massive! And they don't eat chickens. What you saw was most likely a red-footed booby

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Probably. People successfully keep a lot of exotics.

Just give them a large enclosure, feed them coconuts and hermit crab food. I have no idea what I’m talking about.

MrFluffie

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
And now I feel like I have to have one. Thanks a lot

OP
WertyWertz

WertyWertz

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
scarface said:
Probably. People successfully keep a lot of exotics.

Just give them a large enclosure, feed them coconuts and hermit crab food. I have no idea what I’m talking about.
Haha, I doubt some simple hermit crab food will keep one of these guys happy. I'm guessing I'd have to feed it a lot of fruit and raw meat. That is, if I ever were to get one

New Threads