Keeping Betta Entertained

  • Thread starter

Nightshadethebetta

Valued Member
Messages
191
Reaction score
53
Points
38
Experience
Just started
What are some good ways to keep a Betta entertained while you’re away? I try to interact and play with my little guy as much as possible everyday before and after work. But what can I get him that will keep him busy while I’m away? Thanks!!
 

tunafax

Well Known Member
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
788
Points
128
Get him a pinpong ball, or one of those treasure chest/shell things that open every 20 seconds and spit out bubbles.

Otherwise, he's fine being left alone, but can I just say that your concern with him being bored while you away made me smile. That betta is in good hands.
 
  • Thread starter

Nightshadethebetta

Valued Member
Messages
191
Reaction score
53
Points
38
Experience
Just started
tunafax said:
Get him a pinpong ball, or one of those treasure chest/shell things that open every 20 seconds and spit out bubbles.

Otherwise, he's fine being left alone, but can I just say that your concern with him being bored while you away made me smile. That betta is in good hands.
Thanks so much for your quick reply!! I absolutely love and adore my little Betta and want him to be happy
 

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,398
Reaction score
4,309
Points
448
Experience
5 to 10 years
Get some cherry shrimp or small ghost shrimp to hunt. I tossed some brown cherries in a planted 10 gallon for my betta to eat but so far all are accounted for plus many babies. The betta spends more time flaring at the snails than hunting for shrimp.
 
  • Moderator

stella1979

Moderator
Messages
7,491
Reaction score
9,637
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
tunafax said:
Otherwise, he's fine being left alone, but can I just say that your concern with him being bored while you away made me smile. That betta is in good hands.
Agreed. It's lovely to see your concern for him. I'm pretty new to bettas, but I did just upgrade my betta from a rather plain 5 gallon to a 7-gallon tank with some rocks forming a cave, and a bunch of new plants. I just tried to offer him a few different areas I thought he'd like to have. He really did become a different fish. I love to see him exploring the rocks and stem plants, or resting in the cave or in the floating plants.

I also just added a nerite snail. The betta notices him and seems to find some interest, but doesn't get aggressive with the snail. I'm soon to test out shrimp too. I'll start with a small ghost shrimp and see how the betta reacts. If he's pretty docile, I'll move the ghost and try to get away with cherries.
 
  • Thread starter

Nightshadethebetta

Valued Member
Messages
191
Reaction score
53
Points
38
Experience
Just started
stella1979 said:
Agreed. It's lovely to see your concern for him. I'm pretty new to bettas, but I did just upgrade my betta from a rather plain 5 gallon to a 7-gallon tank with some rocks forming a cave, and a bunch of new plants. I just tried to offer him a few different areas I thought he'd like to have. He really did become a different fish. I love to see him exploring the rocks and stem plants, or resting in the cave or in the floating plants.

I also just added a nerite snail. The betta notices him and seems to find some interest, but doesn't get aggressive with the snail. I'm soon to test out shrimp too. I'll start with a small ghost shrimp and see how the betta reacts. If he's pretty docile, I'll move the ghost and try to get away with cherries.
Thank you!! I’m new to Betta Fish as well! They are such fun and sweet creatures. I’ve tried to fill my tank with plenty of plants and he goes exploring every little bit! I love the idea of adding ghost shrimp. I hope your Betta finds some interest in it!
 

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,162
Reaction score
6,151
Points
758
Experience
3 years
I haven’t seen my bettas getting bored, they just swim around all day.
How exactly do you play with your betta?
 

CraniumRex

Well Known Member
Messages
859
Reaction score
533
Points
108
Experience
5 years
Call me silly but I have a few objects I leave outside the tank and I rotate them between my boys. Small things, like eye drops bottles or one of my kid's figurines, that sort of thing.

Changing the decor can often pique their interest as well. Live floating plants are always enjoyed. They move around and change the scenery without much effort and they seem to love to swim through them and rest on them.
 
  • Moderator

stella1979

Moderator
Messages
7,491
Reaction score
9,637
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
CraniumRex said:
Call me silly but I have a few objects I leave outside the tank and I rotate them between my boys. Small things, like eye drops bottles or one of my kid's figurines, that sort of thing.

Changing the decor can often pique their interest as well. Live floating plants are always enjoyed. They move around and change the scenery without much effort and they seem to love to swim through them and rest on them.
I don't think that's silly at all. I sometimes carry my cup over with me to watch the tank and set it down right next to the glass. The betta definitely checks it out every time.
 

Keith P Mccoy

New Member
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
Points
13
I used to want my betta to play and habe buddies till he murdered all my guppies, now I'm just thinking about putting him in a smaller tank.
 

Keith P Mccoy

New Member
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
Points
13
He is beautiful but deadly.
 

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Messages
14,771
Reaction score
12,410
Points
758
Experience
More than 10 years
Big tank with friends. They entertain themselves. Lol
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom