Keeping a Betta in a 20G

Bluegillfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I currently have my betta and six neon tetras in a 10G tank and everything is perfect they dont bother each other and they look nice together. My question is there any reason a betta couldn't be kept in larger tanks like a 20 gallon? My 10 doesnt have a stand and sits on the kitchen table and I have the opportunity to purchase a 20G corner tank and stand for a great price.

Gordinian

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I used to keep a community 20 gallon long with a betta as the centerpiece. I bet yours would love you for the extra space!

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes!!! My bettas are in a 29g and a 26g... my brother has one in his 65g! There is no rule saying the HAVE to be in small tanks :)

Bluegillfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I didnt think there would be any problem but wanted to ask first. Thanks guys! If all goes well I will be getting the 20G corner and a 50-55G and stand on sunday or monday! I'm excited to get them because neither of my tanks have stands right now and going from a 10 to a 20 and a 30 to a 50 is pretty nice upgrade.

RPPhoto

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yah go for it ... nothing wrong with it .... you could prob add a 2nd group or more neons .. just remember to keep an eye on the neons ...ive heard they can be nippy to betta fins (if u have a VT)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom