Keeping a Betta in a 20G

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Bluegillfreak, Jan 9, 2013.

1. BluegillfreakValued MemberMember

I currently have my betta and six neon tetras in a 10G tank and everything is perfect they dont bother each other and they look nice together. My question is there any reason a betta couldn't be kept in larger tanks like a 20 gallon? My 10 doesnt have a stand and sits on the kitchen table and I have the opportunity to purchase a 20G corner tank and stand for a great price.

2. GordinianWell Known MemberMember

I used to keep a community 20 gallon long with a betta as the centerpiece. I bet yours would love you for the extra space!

3. monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

Yes!!! My bettas are in a 29g and a 26g... my brother has one in his 65g! There is no rule saying the HAVE to be in small tanks :)

4. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Get that tank brother!

5. BluegillfreakValued MemberMember

I didnt think there would be any problem but wanted to ask first. Thanks guys! If all goes well I will be getting the 20G corner and a 50-55G and stand on sunday or monday! I'm excited to get them because neither of my tanks have stands right now and going from a 10 to a 20 and a 30 to a 50 is pretty nice upgrade.

6. Reptiguy97Valued MemberMember

I am sure you're betta would just love all the extra swimming room.

7. RPPhotoNew MemberMember

yah go for it ... nothing wrong with it .... you could prob add a 2nd group or more neons .. just remember to keep an eye on the neons ...ive heard they can be nippy to betta fins (if u have a VT)

8. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Awesome plan, your betta is gonna be one happy fish! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice