Keep Yellow Tangs Alive!

plthul

Hello, I am new here, so please forgive me if I don't post this correctly. Anyway, this is the 2nd time I've tried adding a yellow tang to my tank. Both times, the tang lived fine for about 1 month - eating well, being accepted by the other fish, etc. Then all of a sudden, it stops eating, and dies in about 3-4 days. It still looks fine, but won't eat. I put green flakes in, as well as frozen mixes for saltwater fish. This second tang is in the not eating stage and I expect it will die within a day or two. Any suggestions?

galvatron3000

could be a parasite. is it breathing heavy? noticed any spots either black or white? how does it's eyes look? any color loss? what are your water parameter?
temp? getting good oxygen ? what size aquarium? how big is the fish, please answer all these questions so someone can better help you

plthul

Well, the tang died a couple days ago. He looked perfectly healthy--just stopped eating. The rest of the fish are fine, tank parameters are within limits. It's an established tank - been there for 11 years. It's a 55 gallon tank, and the tang was about 3 inches long.

cerianthus

How long did you had this particular one? Do you have isolation tank? Any LR/Refugium?
Any NorI (Green Seaweed)? Tankmates which may/can be possible bully, especially when no one is looking?
If reef set up, is ther enough room for fish to roam in 55G and any Macros growing on LR?

galvatron3000

For anyone with Tang not eating problem try this if you are willing. It got my Naso to eat after 2 weeks of not eating. https://www.ipsf.com/tangheaven.html Called Tang Heaven Red

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
greywolf56
  • Question
Replies
Views
natstory
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies