Keep in quarantine or no

Ling313

Reactions
Experience
2 years
Hello. My tank is currently undergoing ich treatment with salt and heat. I have a new black skirt tetra in a quarantine tank with my mystery snail. I originally planned on keeping him in quarantine for 4 weeks, however, he seems to be acting funny. He spends his day swimming up the return current from the filter or hitting into the back glass. He’s also always super scared whenever I approach the tank. I wonder if he’s stressed from not being in a school. My questions are: do I keep him in quarantine or just add him to the main tank? Can he be added to the main tank even though it has salt in it?
I have a planted 29 gallon tank with 7 black skirt tetras, 6 guppies, and 1 dwarf gourami

Anixandria

Reactions
Oh that’s a hard question. On one hand I’d want to keep him away until the itch is gone. On the other hand he sounds super stressed by himself. I think he’ll be fine in the tank if you acclimate him properly if you choose to do that. Very hard choice though. :(

OP
L

Ling313

Reactions
Experience
2 years
Well, I put him into the main tank and weird behavior is gone. I just hope no illnesses develop. Thank you for your advice

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom