KatLovesCoffee Interview

AquaticQueen

I'll get us started!
KatLovesCoffee,
What is you favorite color?
Favorite and least favorite fish?
First fish?
Chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
Now, for the million dollar question, do you like donuts?? Lol. I sure do.

KatLovesCoffee

allllright boys and girls. All you’ve ever wanted to know about some random person. Bring it.

Top notch questions here. Let’s see what I can do:

1. Blue....NO! YELLLOOooooow!
2. My favorite fish is more of a group— nano fish, particularly the teeniest, brightest varieties. I must say I’m keeping endlers for the first time, and I’m smitten.

Least: common pleco. Or any large species of fish. I’m actually terrified of any fish bigger than my hand. It’s an odd relationship—I keep the thing I fear. I’m basically Batman.

I kept my first betta, Bubbles, as an 8 year old girl. I’ve had bettas ever since.

chocolate.

...donut HOLES. Those blueberry and strawberry ones are my JAM. Sometimes I hide in a closet and eat them so my kids don’t see. I don’t share.

I'll get us started!
KatLovesCoffee,
What is you favorite color?
Favorite and least favorite fish?
First fish?
Chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
Now, for the million dollar question, do you like donuts?? Lol. I sure do.

AquaticQueen

allllright boys and girls. All you’ve ever wanted to know about some random person. Bring it.

Top notch questions here. Let’s see what I can do:

1. Blue....NO! YELLLOOooooow!
2. My favorite fish is more of a group— nano fish, particularly the teeniest, brightest varieties. I must say I’m keeping endlers for the first time, and I’m smitten.

Least: common pleco. Or any large species of fish. I’m actually terrified of any fish bigger than my hand. It’s an odd relationship—I keep the thing I fear. I’m basically Batman.

I kept my first betta, Bubbles, as an 8 year old girl. I’ve had bettas ever since.

chocolate.

...donut HOLES. Those blueberry and strawberry ones are my JAM. Sometimes I hide in a closet and eat them so my kids don’t see. I don’t share.
I had no idea we were so alike. LOL.

Next round of questions.
How did you come up with your user name?
Favorite memory?
Favorite movie/TV show?

Hugooo

Favorite TV Show?
Favorite Fish YouTuber?
Favorite Non-Fish YouTuber?
Favorite Animal? Why?
Least Favorite Animal? Why?
Favorite Food?
Favorite Cuisine?
Do You Have Any Pets Other Than Fish? What Are They?
How Did You Get Into The Fish Keeping Hobby?
Have You Been Outside Of The USA? If So, Where?

KatLovesCoffee

I had no idea we were so alike. LOL.

Next round of questions.
How did you come up with your user name?
Favorite memory?
Favorite movie/TV show?

Lol. Takes all sorts of us, huh.

1. I am not a very original thinker. My nickname is Kat. I also love coffee. Ta-dahhh. Instant username.

2. I think I have favorite snapshots in time rather than a complete narrative. Sometimes, doing mundane things, I will have momentary flashbacks to poignant blips in my life that trigger waves of warm nostalgia. I grab a handful of green and red M&M's at Christmas, and Im immediately transported back to wistfully gazing out the window on an overcast day as a child, cupping a handful of the same candy. A train goes by; Christmas is tomorrow. And in this moment, I can feel the anticipation of opening presents beneath the tree beside me.
It was a moment of true childhood contentment. These are the kind of memories I love most. To this day, I love the sound of a train for that reason.

3. Favorite TV showS: The Office, Parks and Recreation, The IT Crowd

KatLovesCoffee

Favorite TV Show? The Office, Parks and Recreation, The IT Crowd
Favorite Fish YouTuber? I really like Rachel O'Leary. I'm into nano fish, and that's kind of her deal.
Favorite Non-Fish YouTuber? I don't really have one. I tend to go wherever my ADHD blows me.
Favorite Animal? Why? I love House Sparrows. When I was a girl, I called them parking lot birds, and in my area, they are ubiquitous. They remind me that even the most common and small creatures have value.
Least Favorite Animal? Why? I struggle with rope-like animals...I don't understand why yet.
Favorite Food? I love me a taco.
Favorite Cuisine? Chinese food happens once a week.
Do You Have Any Pets Other Than Fish? What Are They? I have a rescue dog named Bandit. My son actually picked him out, and inadvertently saved him 60 minutes before his euthanasia. Hes a wonderful dog.
How Did You Get Into The Fish Keeping Hobby? As many of us do, I bought a betta and had no idea what I was doing with it. I kept them on and off for years, hopefully improving my husbandry each time I kept. And now, I've branched out into other species.
Have You Been Outside Of The USA? If So, Where?
I was fortunate enough to visit Cambodia. It is kind of a cool story, really. Through my teen years I sponsored a girl at an orphanage so she could get an education, have food, etc. She was 8 when I began.
Years later, after receiving letters from her, I was able to partner with a local group and surprise her by meeting her. Somewhere I have a picture of her hugging me when I met her. We are friends to this day, and now that shes grown, I am able to chat with her often.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Least Favorite Animal? Why? I struggle with rope-like animals...I don't understand why yet.
So ottos and khulis are off the table for you?

KatLovesCoffee

So ottos and khulis are off the table for you?
I like to think of myself as elastic. At first kuhlis really freaked me out...a lot. But their barbels are pretty cute, and they kind of remind me of a puppy the way they sift through sand with their noses.

I’ve talked myself into stocking a small bit of them with my endlers.
Lifes weird.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Life is weird, I know that's true.

KatLovesCoffee

Life is weird, I know that's true.
Yes. The longer I live it, the less I understand of it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
Replies
Views
FoldedCheese
Replies
Views
Salem
Replies
Views