Kals Tanks ( Video )

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Did a little revamp of one of my 5.5’s that could potentially turn into a shrimp tank if I can find some good ones local. And a quick video of my busy Cory babys sharing/battling with my ramshorns in my other 5.5

Attachments

Basil

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oh my goodness. So cute! Peppered corys are my favorite. :)

AcuarioAmazonico

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hahha that soundtrack! I thought I was watching

“CSI: Aquarium” ;)

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Basil said:
Oh my goodness. So cute! Peppered corys are my favorite. :)
Yup my peppers don’t lay many eggs anymore so as soon as I see them I scoop em right up n into the fry tank ... the greens r naughty n there r alwayssss eggs :)
AcuarioAmazonico said:
Hahha that soundtrack! I thought I was watching

“CSI: Aquarium” ;)
Hahahahaha I had to find something to fit the description in my post ;)

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Just a 1 minute video of my newest group of green corys. Enjoy

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Made a little video of my Zucchini eating crew! Enjoy!
StarGirl15

DeborahJeanne

Valued Member
Reaction score
I don’t get it. Your tanks are heavily planted and your sand is clean. How do you do it without disrupting all those plants? Even with a baster I’m replanting after every WC!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DeborahJeanne said:
I don’t get it. Your tanks are heavily planted and your sand is clean. How do you do it without disrupting all those plants? Even with a baster I’m replanting after every WC!
Sorry they are all pretty well established so the roots hold down pretty well. The cory cats keep everything stirred up for the most part and a lot of filtration helps. when i first started planting mine would always float up too but i found a video on youtube where someone was using water bottle caps to hold their plants down. Cut an X in the cap push your pinkie through it and flip the cap upside down then put about an inch or so of the stem through it and bury the cap. It has worked very well for me i can literally stir all around most plants and everything stays in place. The fish are the ones that make my plants float every now n then :)

DeborahJeanne

Valued Member
Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
Sorry they are all pretty well established so the roots hold down pretty well. The cory cats keep everything stirred up for the most part and a lot of filtration helps. when i first started planting mine would always float up too but i found a video on youtube where someone was using water bottle caps to hold their plants down. Cut an X in the cap push your pinkie through it and flip the cap upside down then put about an inch or so of the stem through it and bury the cap. It has worked very well for me i can literally stir all around most plants and everything stays in place. The fish are the ones that make my plants float every now n then :)
LOL! So you cheat!!! Actually that’s a great idea. I just bought a bunch of teeny tiny terra cotta pots, only 2 inches tall, essentially the same idea, but I like yours better. I’m afraid that even as small as they are, they’ll be peaking up through the sand. Your way is less obtrusive and you can get plants closer together giving it that nice jungle look. I was thinking about 3” of sand - do you think that’s too much or should I stick with 2”?

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DeborahJeanne said:
LOL! So you cheat!!! Actually that’s a great idea. I just bought a bunch of teeny tiny terra cotta pots, only 2 inches tall, essentially the same idea, but I like yours better. I’m afraid that even as small as they are, they’ll be peaking up through the sand. Your way is less obtrusive and you can get plants closer together giving it that nice jungle look. I was thinking about 3” of sand - do you think that’s too much or should I stick with 2”?
hahahaha thanks!!! the nice part about sand is you can start with a set depth like 2" as your saying and if you want to add a little more you can take the water bottle you took the cap off and funnel the sand into the bottle and hold your finger over it and dip it upside down in your tank and you will b able to regulate the sand you want to drop in with virtually no cloudiness.

DeborahJeanne

Valued Member
Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
hahahaha thanks!!! the nice part about sand is you can start with a set depth like 2" as your saying and if you want to add a little more you can take the water bottle you took the cap off and funnel the sand into the bottle and hold your finger over it and dip it upside down in your tank and you will b able to regulate the sand you want to drop in with virtually no cloudiness.
WOW! That’s awesome! I love this site. I have learned so much from you, it’s just amazing. All the little tips I get from you are like little nuggets of gold dropping from the sky. You really make it so easy! :cat:

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DeborahJeanne said:
WOW! That’s awesome! I love this site. I have learned so much from you, it’s just amazing. All the little tips I get from you are like little nuggets of gold dropping from the sky. You really make it so easy! :cat:
Glad i could help.. those are the videos i found when i was gettin frustrated about plants floating up and they worked for me. I have an entire baggie full of X cut bottle caps for when i propagate my plants and want them to stay down. Just be sure to make the X big enough with your finger so it doesn't strangle the stem and they should root eventually. It doesn't work every time ( sometimes the stem breaks or melts ) but it definitely works more often than not.

Gizmo1

Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
Here is a quick videos of my 7 tanks hope everyone enjoys ( sorry for the tv noise still learning how to do the youtube thing :) mattgirl A201 DoubleDutch coralbandit !!!
Love your tanks. Thank you my plants are already on order just waiting for them to come i. Thank you again.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gorgeous tanks & fish!!!

Basil

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ohh, I keep forgetting about the bottle cap trick. Will definitely be implementing that in my 49 b barb tank. They like to “help” garden lol!

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I didn't realize you had all of these videos on here! LOL Nice.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
Thanks!! i have a video i'm gonna upload after of my pea puffer "making friends" with his ramshorn snails
You definitely have some big Ramshorns in that one tank!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
StarGirl15 said:
You definitely have some big Ramshorns in that one tank!
I try to keep a population going in all my tanks they are some of the best cleaners around only second to nerites IMO. Yes the 55 has some pretty large ones.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom