Kaitlyn's Fishy Homes (:

KaitlynR

My 10 Gallon Tank; A Community
My 10 gallon tank is currently going through the slow process of being stocked. I had originally started with 6 tiger barbs, of which I got off of bad advice from my LFS. I soon returned them. The stock I currently am looking to do looks something like this:
Currently, I have the 6 Kuhlis, 4 Nerites (3 horned, one striped), 8 MTS, and a couple of baby hitchiker snails.. Not sure what they are yet lol. My kohl's, well.. They are a hilarious bunch. The females are constantly dancing and the males couldn't be more bored by them, lol. It's quite funny.
View media item 237720A a quick look at my tank currently. Here's the info:
  • A 10 Gallon Top Fin Aquarium Kit
  • Two Filters: Top Fin Power Filter 10, and an Aqueon 20.
  • Lots of Fake Plants
  • Two fake rocks with holes to hide in, as well as that giant centerpiece with lots of holes for my Kuhlis.
  • Wisteria
  • Sand Substrate
My Kuhlis and snails feed on a mixed diet. I feed them:
And that's all the info I have on the tank now

KaitlynR

Here's a possibly silly question, will I need to get a second filter for the 5 gallon? Or is that part on the side an actual filter? I can't tell! Lol

Cherie G

Sounds like a good deal to me. I have this exact aquarium set up and paid about $90 new with shipping. I had to get a heater and décor etc. in addition. I love mine, (part on the side)filter works pretty good. I did not need a second, but I just have a betta in there. Filter media set up looks fine, not sure about the white stuff on the glass, possibly deposits left from hard water? Could probably get it off with some water and an aquarium scraper. Nice tank, I think you will like it.

KaitlynR

Sounds like a good deal to me. I have this exact aquarium set up and paid about $90 new with shipping. I had to get a heater and décor etc. in addition. I love mine, (part on the side)filter works pretty good. I did not need a second, but I just have a betta in there. Filter media set up looks fine, not sure about the white stuff on the glass, possibly deposits left from hard water? Could probably get it off with some water and an aquarium scraper. Nice tank, I think you will like it.

I also plan to just make it a betta tank, as well! Sounds like it should do well, then

Cherie G

I also plan to just make it a betta tank, as well! Sounds like it should do well, then

I have had mine for about 8 months now and really like it a lot. To me it is just right for a betta, have fun!

KaitlynR

Double Update?

Well, in a hurry, I turned my 5 gallon tank into a temporary Quarantine Tank. Here it is in all of its unfinished beauty.
View media item 237804When I had ordered 8 celestials from LFS last week, they ordered a total of 25, with only 3 surviving through the shipping. Nice. So this time, I ordered 8 (only picked up 6 tho), they ordered a lot, and a lot are there this time! So I took home my six. Well, to be on the safe side, I quickly set up this 5 gallon I picked up today, and now my CPD's are in there, hiding of course. Except for one.
View media item 237803His tail looks bent to me.. He just floats like this, he doesn't try to keep his body upright, and he breathes heavily. I'm not sure he's going to live. I tried to hand feed him, but he just pushed against it to get away. He flaps his flappers, but his tail doesn't move..
View media item 237802Anything I can do?

KaitlynR

5 Gallon Update: CPD's and New Plants

Well, I'm sad to say that the above CPD did not make it. He was getting worse, and worse, and I made the executive decision to put him down. I went back to LFS and got three more for a total of 8 CPD's, and hours after putting them in the tank, one got stuck in the intake, then pushed by the outtake, slammed against the opposite side of the tank, and died instantaneously. So now I have 7. And am working with a ridiculous set up to prevent any more accidental deaths.
View media item 237811The water bottle to baffle the outtake, and the plastic bag to limit/weaken the intake. So far, nobody has tried to get up there, and nobody has been dragged up there. Water Parameters remain steady! Yay!

On a better note, new plants came in today! Water Sprite and Hornwort. Both seem super healthy and happy to me- Lots of seeds!
View media item 237813View media item 237812
I put some in both tanks just to kind of separate it all. It's mainly going to be for my personal tank though, not the QT.

Got a few surprises tho, including this little guy.
View media item 237810Can anyone ID? What's up with his spots? Can't decide if they're cute or worrying lol.

KaitlynR

5 Gallon Update
I finally got it set up! It's finally able to start cycling Take a look! What do you think?View media item 237834
10 Gallon Update
I moved my CPD's to my 10 gallon finally (I'm now down to 5.. I found one stuck in a filter, and the other had died yesterday while I was out). I also finally got to pick up my Scarlet Badis! I don't see very many people on here keeping them, so I hope this might encourage people to keep them. They're very cute! Here's a little video of my 10 gallon!
View media item 237833

Abby565

Your tanks look great! And your scarlet badis are stunning!

KaitlynR

Your tanks look great! And your scarlet badis are stunning!

Thank you! They're both works in progress

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MissNoodle
Replies
Views
coralbandit
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Can I add Kuhli Loaches?
Replies
Views