Juwel Rio 400

johnt11

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Does anyone have any experience of the Juwel Rio 400?

I like the fact that it comes as a package and has a combined filter/heater.

I am looking for a tank which is likely to be home to South American cichlids.

Views would be appreciated.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a juwel rio 240. Good quality tank but the filter is very insufficient so most people add another. The heater heats the water very slowly.

Aleksandra V.

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello - I have juwel rio 125 (~ 80x40x40cm) - and here are my impressions: filter is working really well/easy to handle, flow is strong, lights are good (but check their length as mine are not from edge to edge and it becomes limiting factor for planting if you wish to go that road); and regarding proportion I wish mine would have more depth (it is only 40cm deep). Regarding heater, it is actually never 'on' as I assume lights and closed top are heating water (?) - I want 24° but can't get below 26° even though the heater is unplugged and room temperature is 23-24°.
Overall I find it super convenient and well rounded up product for the price they charge. Hope this helped

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yes what bottom dweller said, the juwel tanks and stands are quality 100% I have a trigon 190 and it is solid when I compare it to my fluval roma 200 which is a beautiful modern looking aquarium but the chip board stand is rubbish and I have had to diy the life out of it. On the filter, I think its tve best internal filter money can buy because there is a huge space for media and the power head is replaceable and changeable. But I also really dislike the heater being in there.

New Threads