Juwel Aquarium

Gwenz

Well Known
Reaction score
Anyone else here have a Juwel aquarium?

I was just wondering because I was washing one of the sponges from the filter yesterday, and I noticed that when I put all the sponges back in (if you have a juwel aquarium you'll know you have to take all the sponges out to get just one of them out), I noticed that the filter started making a vibrating noise. I then realised that I may have pushed them down too much, and I had. Anyone else had this problem? I mean, how are we meant to tell how far to push them down? ???

Gwenz

BristolBulldog

Reaction score
Gwenz, is this the canister in the corener type? I have the vision 180, and it takes the compact filters. I have noticed that sometimes the pump doesn't plug back into its inlet socket properly. try a service kit for it (new blade). the pump's come completly apart, so clean it out totally. Mine didnt like starting until I did this.

garybuk

Reaction score
yes mate iv had this problem lods of times but if you notices if you don't push it in far enuf then it won't pump as good, its really bad I think, I thinking of just running an extrlae filter system and when that's set up just tureing the filter in side off, tho I'm not sure if you can I'm trying find out if the fish will be ok, got any pics of your fish tank??

BristolBulldog

Reaction score
I've got a juwel vision 180. I've got to say that the internal filter on the vision 180 (canister type) is the best filter I have tried so far. all the external types you have to disconnect and don't seem to keep debrI off the bottom as well.

I had a fluval 304 (useless piece of ****). I also have an eheim copy from ebay. Got to say this is excellent. It has five filtration baskets, and the flow rate is excellent. but for sheer convenience the juwel still beats it, and when you want to service it you don't have to worry about leaks, playing with pipes etc.

the only thing I have considered in the juwel is piping the pump output to the other side of the tank, and putting a spray bar in.

the filter pads and their two plastic holders should no affect the vibrating at all. I expect that your rubber grommet has hardened and you need a new one. they are really cheap. whilst your at it, clean the filter out as well.

New Threads