Juvenile Angelfish Feeding

Courtneyburke0

Hello, I recently bought some angelfish. I'm feeding them two large crushed up flakes three times a day. They seem to like them, but I'm afraid to feed bloodworms and such bc I did and one died. I asked the breeder I got them from and he said maybe stick to flakes, which is what he was feeding them. I'm afraid I'm not feeding them enough, but I don't want to kill them either. I currently have two Angelfish. There are pictures attached.

Linda1234

Flakes are fine; fluval bug bites are also good (you would want the blue one - small); i feed mine omega-one cichlid flakes - i hate flakes because it can make a mess but they prefer them. I doubt the blood worm killed your fish but there is also little value in feeding them blood worms.
-
It is best to feed young fishes several times a day but just small amounts. They won't starve - if one gets hungry it will become more aggressive at eating - it is better to under feed a little than have extra food decaying in the aquarium.
-
There is no harm feeding them 3 or 4 times a day while young but it is not required.
-
Good luck.

Courtneyburke0

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it.

TClare

In my experience they eat anything and grow quickly, so you could vary the dried foods you offer, and perhaps get some frozen brine shrimps and/or freeze dried tubifex.

Courtneyburke0

Thank you. I'll try that!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
bizaliz3
Replies
Views
mossman
Replies
Views