Juvenile Angel Not Eatinng

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by CreatureQueen, Apr 18, 2017.

1. CreatureQueen

CreatureQueen Valued Member Member

Hello again every one, im in need of some help.
    My 45 gallon has been up a couple weeks now and everyone who was in the 20 gal were put in the 45. That includes, 3 juvenile angels, a 6 inch sail fin pleco, 3 rosy barbs, and one cardinal. They all have been doing wonderful.
    Heres the problem, my golden angel is not responding to me like she usually does. Shes breathing slightly heavy, but not gasping and not staying at the top. Shes more towards the bottom. Hubby said she ate this morning, but when i fed everyone just now, she ate nothing. Shes usually the biggest pig of the bunch.
    Everyone else is fine. And my water is perfect, i just tested it with my liquid kit amm 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5ppm
    Temp is 78. Im worried about her. Any reason she could be doing this?
    Btw, ive been doing water changes every 3 days because my only filtration is a giant sponge (my preference in filter) and my pleco makes a crap ton of crap. Im testing if i can just do a 50 percent once a week, so i havent done a water change since thrusday.
    Thanks for your help

2. Ed204

Ed204 Well Known Member Member

Hi there,
    Sounds like your angel is stressed some how. Usually, when it comes to a batch of juvenile angels, they already establish a pecking order

Do you see the golden angel getting harassed by the other 2 angels?

3. Kiks

Kiks Well Known Member Member

I'm suspecting the same as @Ed204
    Often when keeping three angels two will pair up and one will be left out and harassed. It could be stressed or injured from being chased and nibbled.

4. OP
    OP
    CreatureQueen

CreatureQueen Valued Member Member

Shes the one usually doing the picking and nibbling.
    If it helps at all, i bought a spiney eel a week and a half ago, and he was also not eating and sitting at the bottom. He died within 5 days. Now shes acting wierd. I put some almond leaves in the tank as well as some melafix but she doesnt show any external issues

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice