Juvenile Angel chasing other juveniles

1. Angels4 Member Member

Hi, I have 4 juvenile Angels , juvenile meaning they are the size of a quarter .The koi Angel chases the 3 blacks constantly, I have read to remove the one doing the chasing into a bucket of tank water and an airstone and add him back a day later may help ? I also had temp set at 82 and turned it down to 80 to see if this helps .Why would a baby be chasing other babies , they can't be pairing or breeding yet .Any ideas ? I have a heavy planted tank so plenty of room to hide and her away but as soon as the koi sees them in open waters he chases them again .

2. sheenalee Member Member

I've never had angels but a couple questions:
    Did you add them all together to the tank?
    Maybe their figuring out the pecking order.

3. Maxi1 Member Member

@bizaliz knows about angels maybe she can help you.

Recently I tried 4 baby angels in my 55 gallon. I learned a lot about them from this site. One thing was I cannot keep 4 in my tank, they do a lot of chasing and if 2 pair off, the other 2 should be removed. Anyway I think I had the thread under "angelfish". Maybe you can find it, it was about 3-4 weeks ago. Good luck.

4. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds like you'll need to rehome the bully definitely and one of the other 3. Maybe remove the bully first, see which of the 3 pair up and then rehome the third as well.

5. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

What size tank are they in? Angels can also get cranky when they feel cramped.

6. Angels4 Member Member

The tank is 40g and I didn't think babies that young pair up yet ? I did add them all together and they are all the same age and bought from the same place .

7. Maxi1 Member Member

I just updated my thread... New with angelfish...so you could find it, it addresses your current situation and might be helpful.

8. Angels4 Member Member

I couldn't find it

9. Maxi1 Member Member

Ok, go to freshwater aquarium fish forums then

Freshwater fish invertebrates then

Freshwater fish forums then

The American cichlids then

Angelfish It's there and yours too.