Justyn's Aqua One 36L

1. Justyn Smith Initiate Member

G'day all,

I thought I'd start off by posting up some pictures of my little tank which I'm using as an experiment to see if I can keep plants alive before I start investing any serious $$$ in to a bigger, properly aquascaped tank.

Current stock:

1x Anubias
    1x Amazon Sword

Bonus java moss came on the driftwood when I bought the Anubias

1x Dwarf gourami
    10x Neon tetra
    1x Yoyo loach
    2x Kuhli loach

Bonus snails came when I purchased the Anubias...

Here's a series of photos taken since the setup a few months ago showing the growth of the plants:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful tank! Unfortunately you have some stocking issues, if you'd like to discuss them :)

3. Justyn Smith Initiate Member

Hey thanks for the encouragement TD :) and yeah, if I go by the 1 inch per gallon rule I'm about 2x overstocked.

Right now I'm doing 40% weekly water changes and dosing with Stability just until I can get my 240L + sump up and running.

Initially I had planned only 1 DG and a half dozen Neons but the snails had to be dealt with, once the new tank is established I'll move the neons and one Kuhli out which should bring it back to safe levels I think

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

The inch per gallon rule is very outdated and inaccurate - not a good stocking rule to follow.

When will the new tank be established? If it's too far form now, I'd rehome the fish and get them when you get the new tank.

There are fish that are more appropriate for your tank size, and once you rehome or move all of these to the new tank (and stock in appropriate numbers), we can help you stock with them :)

5. Justyn Smith Initiate Member

"Outdated and not very good"... You just described me! :;laughing

I suppose, if I get my DIY PVC overflow constructed and functioning quickly, all I need is a return pump and heater.

I could set up a 30L bucket as a crude sump and get Digger and the neons in the big tank by the weekend.

What were you thinking? Male Betta and a school of [FONT=&amp]Harlequin Rasboras[/FONT]?

The Snailinator 5000 (yoyo) needs to stay to take care of the snails but aside from that I'm open to suggestions.