just wondering

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by PuffPuff, Jul 9, 2015.

1. PuffPuff

PuffPuffWell Known MemberMember

im looking for something other than the regular glofish that will light up nicely in my tank. i have no idea what else is out there like them. is there another species out there that can glow like the glo tetras under a blacklight
    any suggestions.

2. FishesInTank

FishesInTankValued MemberMember

Neon tetra or cardinal tetra do best, even though they need groups and are small, their neon colour is amazing!

The Owner of Good Fishes and Killing Fishes group

3. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

i have some neon tetras. i was thinking of an albino pleco. since it will glo with the white scales it has.

4. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

5. FishesInTank

FishesInTankValued MemberMember

Amazing aquarium! If you wanna have pleco what is the size of ur tank? Cause sometimes pleco oversize some tank. Maybe albino gets smaller a bit

The Owner of Good Fishes and Killing Fishes group

6. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

I think some albino cories would look cool, imo. :) Adorable avatar btw, soooo cute!!! :D

7. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

What size tank is it?

8. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

right now its a 20. but i have a 75 pending still.

9. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

The reason glofish glow is because they have been genetically modified with a gene from biofluorescent jellyfish, which causes them to be like that. There are other biofluorescent fish but I believe they are all marine, so a different type of glofish like zebra danios (they need a group of 6+) would work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice