Just wondering, betta inactive, finrot?

mackenzieluvslife

Reaction score
Hello! Hopefully I’m doing this right.. I just brought home my male rose petal betta fish, and I have a few questions.
First of all, I’m leaving some pictures here to show him, I was wondering if he had fin rot, and if so, how to treat it.
Second, it looks like he has trouble swimming? I’m not sure if it’s from stress of a new tank, but he doesn’t seem to be active and just kind of hands out around one place. He can move, and he’s done it a few times, pretty fast if prompted... let me know :)

Attachments

ElighS

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
bettas may seem like they have trouble swimming because of all of the fins like my dumbo male betta. and he doesn't like like he has fin rot but keep looking it can be to early to notice.

Jennalovesanimals

Reaction score
I agree doesn’t look like fin rot but just keep an eye on him. He’s absolutely beautiful by the way!

Arcana

Reaction score
His fins look fine to me, but do keep an eye on them to see if there are any changes! I’ve found that with my bettas with longer tails that they’re a bit lazier too! If you want to spark his interest you can switch out the decor inside his tank and maybe it’ll give him reason to explore and be more active?
He’s absolutely lovely by the way! What did you name him?

OP
M

mackenzieluvslife

Reaction score
Arcana said:
His fins look fine to me, but do keep an eye on them to see if there are any changes! I’ve found that with my bettas with longer tails that they’re a bit lazier too! If you want to spark his interest you can switch out the decor inside his tank and maybe it’ll give him reason to explore and be more active?
He’s absolutely lovely by the way! What did you name him?
Totally gonna add in some more stuff soon! Just wondering, do you have any idea as to why he’s hanging out next to the filter? It’s not strong at all and he’s not being sucked in, but he just kind of sits at the top next to it and I’m a little worried.. Also, still haven’t come up with a name yet :)

Arcana

Reaction score
mackenzieluvslife said:
Totally gonna add in some more stuff soon! Just wondering, do you have any idea as to why he’s hanging out next to the filter? It’s not strong at all and he’s not being sucked in, but he just kind of sits at the top next to it and I’m a little worried.. Also, still haven’t come up with a name yet :)
There’s more of a current but there’s also more oxygen in the water by the filter cos water flow! Both being things fish can be fond of! Two of our bettas are like that where they just like to chill by the filter. One of the other bettas we have used to be like that (just a filter chilling boy) but we added an air pump and now he tries to eat the bubbles from that and is more active. Let me know what you end up deciding for a name!!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom