Just wondering ( angels)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by semperfimom, May 12, 2006.

1. semperfimomNew MemberMember

Hi all, Just wondering about one of my angels, i bought 3 about 3 weeks ago, 2 are good to go but one is hiding more and doesn't seem to be eating. It comes out in the open but is not as active. coud this be from paring up? they are about 2 inches. please help!
    TY
    Julie
    Semper Fi

2. Labeo55New MemberMember

HI, I've EXPERIENCED SIMILAR PROBLEMS WITH THE ANGLES I HAVE BOUGHT. AND THE ANGLE THAT GOES OFF BY ITSELF USUALLY DIES. FOR WHAT REASON I DON'T KNOW. IT COULD BE GENETIC OR SOME SORT OF SICKNESS. HOPE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU.

TONY

3. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Semperfimom, it may be because of the two angels pairing off. I don't think it's a good idea to buy 3 angels. If you want more, 4 would be better. Or if you want less, 2 would be best. Angels tend to pair up and if you have 3 angels, with the 2 paired up, the 3rd one will be probably rejected by the pair, or even harassed. Your fish may be bothered by the pair and that is why it is hiding and behaving the way it does.

Labeo, it's not genetic. It's because of being rejected. It MAY become sick as a result of rejection or being physically bothered.

4. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Definately try and return the 3rd angel for credit before he gets sick. Like Isabella stated, they don't usually do well in 3's unless you have them in a large tank with lots of hiding places, and other fish in the tank. The 2 might not even be a pair, but they are buddies and number three is not welcome. How sad!

5. OsirisNew MemberMember

Like everyone said, the 3rd angel is an outcast and gets picked on relentlessly. Therefore, they should only be bought in pairs. There are articles about it on the internet.

6. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Or if your tank is big enough and they are still young enough you can buy 3 more but it's best to return it.

7. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Labeo55 Caps means your yelling, please don't yell at us :)
    Carol

8. semperfimomNew MemberMember

Thanks Guys! I've moved the one to the 55gl. Is this ok? If I need to get him a buddy I will. I have room in the 55 for more fish. I think they are beautiful so I want to keep it. What do you think?
    Semper Fi
    Julie

9. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

He will be fine alone. Maaybe wait and see how things go before adding more fish.
    CArol

10. semperfimomNew MemberMember

Thanks I appreciate your advice. Trying hard to be a good Mom to my fish.
    Semper fi
    Julie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice