Just woken up by my filter

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by oOBlueOo, Aug 10, 2015.

1. oOBlueOo

oOBlueOoWell Known MemberMember

I have a red devil hob canister on my 10g puffer tank. Yesterday, I did tank maintenance and had it unplugged. I filled it back up and got everything running again.

About 9 pm last night, it wasn't shooting water. I fixed it,(or so I thought), and went to sleep.

I just got woken up to what I thought was the fire alarm. It was this constant high pitched beep and it sent me in a panic because I really thought there was a fire.

It turns out it was the filter. It had stopped shooting water again. It seems its really busted this time. It's a real shame....I honestly liked that filter...

Nothing like having to set up another filter at 4am.......ZZZZzzzzz.....

2. Reyes

ReyesValued MemberMember

I hate that... It happened to me a few weeks ago with an AQ 50, it stopped seeding and, although there was no fire alarm:-D, the noise was awful, apart from having to take it apart to get the thing to run again...

3. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

Im not sure if this one will run again. I'm too tired to deal with it now, so I just transferred media to a tetra internal filter I have.

I don't like tetra filters, but it's a backup. And I'm extremely happy that I kept it and didn't return it like I was originally planing to.

4. Reyes

ReyesValued MemberMember

I have a internal Rena SuperClean (love the name...) as a back up in case this happens when I'm at work.

Although I trust the AQ A LOT I wouldn't risk leaving the tank without filtration for 8 hours.

5. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

I think I'm going to get sponge filters for all my tanks. I'd like to get double filtration up and running just incase.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice