Just wanted to share my excitement

sfletch77

So I purchased a pair of apistogramma cacatuoides from Aquabid. This was my first time using Aquabid so that whole process was exciting for me. I was constantly checking my emails and signing into my account (even at work lol) to check my bids. Anyway, I won them with a group of 6 unsexed kribensis and 3 blue-eyed, long-finned lemon bristlenose plecos. My only option at the time was to quarantine them in an unused 20g tall. After almost a week of holding them, I decided to do QT meds. Then last Thursday, I spotted a big group of Apisto fry. I didn't even see that they were breeding or anything. So to have them breed in QT, with meds, after just a week of having them I was pretty excited. I had frozen BBS to feed and also fed crushed foods and eventually got some dedicated fry foods. Everything I read said that apisto fry REALLY needs live BBS. So I bought a hatchery and the eggs. I set it up Saturday and this morning when I got home from work, both hatcheries (one was heated in another aquarium and one was just at room temp) both had hatched. I know it's "just" BBS but to hatch 2 hatcheries successfully my first time I was happy. Then I finally fed one of the hatched groups to the tanks and it was awesome watching them feed and the baby apistos belly started to glow. The 2nd batch is in my fridge and I already started the next hatch. I'm just excited and for all this to happen successfully I am pretty happy and just had to share it! I recorded videos of the fry and my BBS hatch which I just saved as photos so I could at least share that with you all!

Attachments

• Snapchat-767789602_Moment.jpg
    Snapchat-767789602_Moment.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Snapchat-1806106773_Moment.jpg
    Snapchat-1806106773_Moment.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 20

carsonsgjs

Congratulations on the spawn, thats a nice looking apisto too.

Upvote 0

sfletch77

Congratulations on the spawn, thats a nice looking apisto too.
Thank you! That's the female and she has been an amazing parent. Maybe I'll try to get a pic of the male later because he is beautiful too!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sfletch77
  • Question
Replies
Views
Linda1234
Replies
Views
Hellfishguy