Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Just Wanted To Say Thanks!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Nierums, Apr 19, 2019.

1. NierumsValued MemberMember

Hey all,
    Just wanted to say thanks to the community, today I finally finished my nitrogen cycle. I tested 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 10 nitrates, and I'm really excited. I would like to say I made it through without any casualties, but because of ignorance I lost my Dwarf cat sucker, but because of this community, I was able to keep the other 4 fish alive and well. I really appreciate everyone's help! When I started this project, I had a 20 gallon tank with black gravel and a few fake plants. But because of this community, I am now the proud owner of a cycled, planted tank, with actual plant substrate and with adequate lighting! I'm really excited to continue to add to it. I also look forward to sharing my experience to help others!

Thanks again! 20190419_152853.jpg

2. FahnFishlore VIPMember

Congratulations, looks really good!

3. NierumsValued MemberMember

Thanks!!

4. JonJalNew MemberMember

Tank looks great! Well done. real plants are the way to go in my opinion.

5. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Congrats, & well done :)

6. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Well done !!!

7. Aqua FanValued MemberMember

Looks good. Now the fun begins :)

8. Do0kskiValued MemberMember

Sweet!!! Your tank looks really good! Just keep your eye on your light exposure. My tank will get algae fast with to much light.

9. JonJalNew MemberMember

So true. I suggest using a timer to limit your light time. I have 2 beamswork fspec led on my freshly set up planted 75 gallon and was running both 10 or 11 hrs a day...it was too much and I had seriously fast algae bloom. I reduced them to about 7 or 8 hrs max.

10. NierumsValued MemberMember

yeah, I ran into that myself, I had it on a timer for about 11 hours a day and had a massive bloom of brown algea, so I lowered my oighrbto 7 hours, and got some nerite snails so it's clearing up.

Thanks so much! I put my light on a timer to slow down mu algea bloom because it started getting bad.