Just wanted to say thanks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2HeadedBoy, Nov 3, 2012.

1. 2HeadedBoy Valued Member Member

Hello All,

I've been sifting through the forums for a couple of months now and I thought I might as well register. Basically wanted to say thanks for all the help you've given me (whether you knew it or not) in setting up my new aquarium. I have a 20G high that I did a fishless cycle on by using pure amonia. I had an uninhabbited tank for 6 weeks but I really enjoyed the chemistry/science aspect of the nitrogen cylce. I think I saw another member refer to it as having "pet water". I do a little homebrewing so dilligently monitoring water parameters is right in my wheelhouse.

Anyway, thanks again. These forums have helped me to avoid making a lot of mistakes and also to understand and correct the mistakes I have made. You guys rock.

2. RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to FishLore! :;toast

Glad you were able to begin your fish keeping career on a positive note! I hope your tank goes well.

3. bankruptjojo Fishlore VIP Member

glad to have you with us! its nice to see people try to read up on things before just asking questions. not to discourage you from asking questions lol.

4. Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Hello and welcome to the forum :) I look forward to hearing updates on your tank and of course pictures :D

5. Ethan Well Known Member Member

no my good sir you rock but thanks :D

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I hope you enjoy the site. We'd love to see some photos/videos of your fish and tanks if you have the means. :)

Ken  

7. 2HeadedBoy Valued Member Member

There's a shot of the tank. Excuse the poor quality of the image but my phone takes lousy pictures.

8. Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Your tank looks really good :) I only have a phone to take pictures too which can be challenging when my endlers are zooming around their tank the little maniacs ;)

9. Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

Beautiful tank!:)

Are those pink flowers real plants? If so, what kind?

10. 2HeadedBoy Valued Member Member

Yeah, I hear ya'. I've got a dozen tetras. The only time they sit still is when I vacuum the substrate.

11. 2HeadedBoy Valued Member Member

They are plastic. Thought it was an easy way to add some color to the tank. Just trying to keep fish alive before I worry about plants.