Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Bowenarrow7, May 5, 2019.

1. Bowenarrow7 New Member Member

Hi! I have used this forum through google recently on my most recent setup. I have been in the aquarium hobby for 40 years. It all started at the carnival when I was 4. I won some goldfish and my parents bought me a bowl. Well long story short, fast forward 6 months. I decided to put all my goldfish in one bowl and dump all the food in. When I woke up the next day they were all dead. My very first lesson on overcrowding & overfeeding with inadequate filtration.

I have owned many tanks throughout the decades. Always freshwater because I haven’t the patience for salt. From 10 gallons to 180 gallons. Glass & acrylic. I have done Tropical community fish tanks my least favorite. African cichlid fish tanks with lots of breeding, aggression & death. South American Cichlids fish tank with fantastic results but moved and sold entire set up with live stock. Discus fish tanks but wow talk about alot of work keeping water parameters perfect. And now with my all Angelfish tank with 1 albino bristlenose pleco.

I have used under gravel filters. Hang on back filters. Powerhead with sponge filters. Canister filters. But never sump filtration. Eheim is my favorite My girlfriend is still using my 180 gal acrylic set up that is 25 years old with original 2217 Eheim canister filters. Also replacement parts are easy to find.

In 1998/99 I also worked at a fish farm. We bred fish and packaged for sell to Petco’s and local fish stores. I absolutely loved it. I also helped with new aquarium set ups for business offices. And tank relocation.

I currently have a 55 gallon glass tank. 6 Angels & 1 albino BN pleco. It is about 3 months old. I went with driftwood and live plants on black sand. First time decorating with any of the above. I live in a small town and LFS are Petco & Petsmart and that is it. So I’m running the Top Fin CF100 canister from petsmart with 2 airstones and heater with LED strip. Picture attached.

Anyways just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to partaking in this community as this will be my first fish forum! Even though I have been doing this many years I still find myself running into problems and looking for advice. I also have plenty of experience that I can share with a new member to the hobby.

2. Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Hello, and welcome to fishlore, what a beautiful tank and fish!

3. Bowenarrow7 New Member Member

Hi! Thanks for replying! Thank you! My aquarium is my therapy!

4. Dennis57 Valued Member Member

Hi, welcome to fishlore

5. Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!!! Beautiful tank!!!

6. Antonian New Member Member

Welcome! New here myself and glad to have someone with 40 years experience. I could only imagine how many different tank set ups you have accomplished in your life.

7. Bowenarrow7 New Member Member

Thank you Dawn!

8. Bowenarrow7 New Member Member

Thank you! Yes I have had so many. The longest I have gone without a tank is 1 year. I have always had a set up. And I always do something different with each set up.

9. Bowenarrow7 New Member Member

Thank you. You have quite the planted tank. Very nice!

10. Dch48 Well Known Member Member

Read the title of this thread and this started running through my head. "Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste." If you recognize where that comes from, you're probably a geezer like me. :)

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

11. Joyceheatherington Valued Member Member

Welcome! Awesome set up.

12. Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Sympathy For The Devil!!!

13. Dch48 Well Known Member Member

You got it