40 Gallon Tank Just Want To Show My Tank

SuperD14

17aaf1f1b44552fbdcc4ee74eaed87ba.jpg

The fish cage is for 4 convict babies I plan to keep

Marijn Lange

Awesome tank, keep us updated!

Guanchy

great looking tank! is that a paper background or one of those 3d ones?

abarb

The is not working for me.

Platylover

Nice!

SuperD14

Marijn Lange said:
Awesome tank, keep us updated!
Thanks

Guanchy said:
great looking tank! is that a paper background or one of those 3d ones?
It’s just a paper background

d697a9718e255d6e674296385050bdd6.jpg

Spot the babies lol!

Platylover

Haha! Little cuties!

SuperD14

Platylover said:
Haha! Little cuties!
I removed the father a while ago as he was attacking the others.
This didn’t last long as it was then the mother.
So now the mother has a whole tank to herself with what I believe is about 15 babies. The numbers have dwindled greatly . Natural selection I guess.
I’m curious to see what the babies will turn out like as the father is a marbled convict and the mother is white. There are some that are completely white and some seem to be getting the “normal” convict colouration.
I’ll post a picture of my other tank shortly

Platylover

Awe I’m sorry some passed. at least you’ve still have a few left. Glad you were able to remove the father (why do fish have to be so temperamental sometimes!). It will be interesting to see how they turn out!

SuperD14

Platylover said:
Awe I’m sorry some passed. at least you’ve still have a few left. Glad you were able to remove the father (why do fish have to be so temperamental sometimes!). It will be interesting to see how they turn out!
I guess he was just being s good father. He’s in the 5ft tank with a 6 inch Oscar, red tail shark, spanner barb and a bichir atm. Once the babies are gone, I will be moving the shark back in. Not sure about the Oscar as he is a bit of a terror

d4349fa36b87f135a63c06a6c96dd9f9.jpg

bb2b228f6dba0af45c4cf027ab6b43ea.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. There’s a convict and electric blue acara in the small container

SuperD14

bba0cfb771658f6e7e833b2c44b4971b.jpg

I need to invest in some led’s. I seem to constantly struggle to find good lighting. I really like this colour however, I believe it’s the jewel Colour lite? If anyone knows how to match this with Led’s it would be greatly appreciated

BaerBonesBarber

whats your budget?

SuperD14

BaerBonesBarber said:
whats your budget?
I don’t particularly want to spend over £100 on lights unless they have some really good effects for the fish / aquarium overall

BaerBonesBarber

Live plants: fluval 3.0, not live plants: fluval aquasky. you will NOT be dissapointed. has sunsets and every color and you control it from your phone ( I hate technology and found it super easy). they range from $70-$100 depending on size. I'm pretty sure pounds are still around a us dollar and a half right?

also it even has random thunderstorms or clouds passing too.. if you want to schedule them.. or not up to you. you can control the exact light you want during the sunset for day/night too

I have three synced up so my amazon tanks have the same timing etc

SuperD14

BaerBonesBarber said:
Live plants: fluval 3.0, not live plants: fluval aquasky. you will NOT be dissapointed. has sunsets and every color and you control it from your phone ( I hate technology and found it super easy). they range from $70-$100 depending on size. I'm pretty sure pounds are still around a us dollar and a half right?

also it even has random thunderstorms or clouds passing too.. if you want to schedule them.. or not up to you. you can control the exact light you want during the sunset for day/night too

I have three synced up so my amazon tanks have the same timing etc
Are they good on large tanks?

Latest threads

Top Bottom