Just to clarify (re: the forum rules)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new on the forum and had a post edited for putting up three * I didn't even place a letter in there it went like this (***) That is not allowed?The edit says edited due to cuss words. That seems a bit rigid. I'm not trying to be rude I'm just curious.

Aries

Valued Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the link to the rules. Rules are rules but I still can't get over not being able to use stars even if a letter is missing. I can't see how a star would offend. Oh well. LOL I really wasn't trying to be rude. I just have never been on a forum you couldn't do that on. I hadn't read the rules so for that I apologize. Normally normal talking is not against the rule and since that's all I do ..... LOL I dont read the rules much. Good to know thanks I hope I wasn't taken the wrong way or anything.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's ok Aries, no problem.

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow! Thanks for the link to the rules. Rules are rules but I still can't get over not being able to use stars even if a letter is missing. I can't see how a star would offend. Oh well. LOL I really wasn't trying to be rude. I just have never been on a forum you couldn't do that on. I hadn't read the rules so for that I apologize. Normally normal talking is not against the rule and since that's all I do ..... LOL I dont read the rules much. Good to know thanks I hope I wasn't taken the wrong way or anything.
Hi Aries and welcome to fishlore
This is a very family friendly place with a lot of youngsters here and the fact that cuss words,along with rude and offensive behavior and disrespect for others are not allowed. I like to think that it makes this forum special.. and much different from other forums where the same is allowed.
A star does not offend..(as you posted) it is what the letter & star is implying.. Easy enough to figure it out. Sort of like finding a short cut or a round about way to get a swear word in the post when swear words are not allowed.
Always good to ask questions if you are not sure and always a good idea to read the forum rules no matter what forum you may sign up on as they may be quite different from each other.

Aries

Valued Member
Reaction score
Star mouthed girl is here for the flogging! Apparently your right I should have read the rules as I would have known this Please don't take it as I'm arguing the rules. I know rules are rules. It just seems that if * is no worse than saying darn to get around saying the other. But you know everybody has different opinions so there is no way around that one for sure. And I assume if parents don't want their kids to see stars in the place of cuss words they shouldn't let them watch T.V. LOL. I'm not trying to pick a fight just letting you know where I'm coming from. Got my clarification that I can not do it and you wont have to edit another post from me LOL Thank you.

No more flogging. That hurts!

Fla_Larry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aww. take all the fun outta everything ( kicks can and walks away mumbeling)

But hey welcome anyways WOO HOO

Aries

Valued Member
Reaction score
aww. take all the fun outta everything ( kicks can and walks away mumbeling)

But hey welcome anyways WOO HOO

Too funny. Thanks for the welcome. Guess you wont be getting to know my favorite phrases LOL Just kidding.

Dozey

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's a shame television isn't as responsible as FishLore. I’m thinking of a commercial that’s been airing lately for bagged vegetables. Through out the commercial they allow a “PH” sound and beep the rest of the word. It’s not until the end of the commercial that you learn the “PH”beep is the word “frozen”.

I also find it ridiculous that I can watch a movie on a Sunday afternoon that beeps swear words while graphically displaying someone being shot a 100 times.

GOOD WORK FISHLORE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 33 64.7%

Top Bottom