Just thought I would show progress of new tank : )

1. orbelina Member Member

Good morning all just thought I would show you all a couple of pics of my new 180l tank as it progresses....

First pic empty but for gravel

Second pic full and running just need a couple more plants and hopefully will be good to go!! :thumbup:

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for the update Orbelina!

Looking good! :)

Ken

3. Paintcraze Member Member

Looks very nice and it will look even better with fish!

4. orbelina Member Member

Thank you everyone its finished now and all the fish have moved in (apart from the bettas obviously) filter from other tank is up and running too...will update pics later...trying to have a lazy day as its mother's day today....:thumbup:

5. orbelina Member Member

Okay update of finished tank with all the fishies in ......and all are having a great time lol :p

Attached Files:

6. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Nice job decorating! I really like it....except for the bubbles ;)

7. xNick Member Member

Looks great. What's the stock list?

8. orbelina Member Member

Lol just don't want any gasping going on ;) have to admit I'm not a big fan of the bubble disk at the front...like the wall at the back though...

9. orbelina Member Member

Lol that could take a while...its three smaller tanks combined...I'll have a go
    3 pearl gourami
    2 red honey gourami
    1 yellow honey gourami
    2 gbr
    8 harlequin rasboras
    8 yellow neon tetras
    4 otocinclus
    2 sterbea? Corydoras
    2 apple snails
    I think that's everyone lol...hopefully everyone will stay relatively small as they should...only ones I'm not sure about are the pearls, if they get too big I have an lfs they can go too...

10. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Do your fish go to the surface when it's turned off? Try it some day that you are home and see what happens - you'll have plenty of time to decide if the fish need it or not. I don't own an air pump. If you like it by all means use it, but most of the time it's not needed.

11. orbelina Member Member

I don't mind the bubbles really and some of them seem to like having the wall at the back to play in lol...they take it in turns swimming through them...:p

12. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

It's interesting - the same bubbles your fish play in are what trap fish to be consumed by whales and dolphin. I'm not saying that's a reason not to use it - just pointing out how wild fish react to bubble walls out in nature :)

13. orbelina Member Member

They don't all do it just seems to be one or two of them...the same ones did it in the smaller tank too...and I didn't know about the whales doing it, I remember seeing a documentary on tv a while ago with dolphins that swam in circles to create bubbles to trap fish...is that what you meant?

14. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

15. orbelina Member Member

Wow that must have been impressive to see for real!:eek::thumbup:

16. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

17. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Wait, you're a commercial fisherman for work, keep fish as a hobby, and then go whale watching for holidays?!
    :rolleyes:

Nice looking tank, also. :D