Just started my tank, need a little help

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Brennan_br, Mar 27, 2010.

1. B

Brennan_br New Member Member

Hey guys, I finally got my tank, 29 biocube, and its running as we speak with 30 pounds of live rock and some live sand and has been for rwo days, I forget how much but it was the right amount. My salinity is a little high right now though, about 1.028-9 spec. grav. I plan on this being a coral and fish tank fyi. I just tested my Ammonia, Nitrite, and Ph, and all weren't in the range yet as expected.

So my general questions are: is a high amount of salinity ok at this point? or should I get it lower and how?

Should I mod my filteration system? I have the bio balls in right now and thirty pounds of live rock in the main part.

Anything else I should test for?

Thanks a bunch ! this is a really fun hobby!

2. OP
    OP
    B

3. OP
    OP
    B

4. reefdude

reefdude Valued Member Member

as far as your salinity level, all you have to do is take some water out and add fresh water back, not salt water. in a 29 gallon tank and your level at 1.028 it shouldn't take much. just play with it a little, take some out, add fresh, let circulate for a while and test until you're around 1.025. Oh, and I highly recommend using RO water.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice