Just some updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi everybody! I have not been on regularly for about a month (life catches up) an thought I would post some updates for everyone. A LOT has been going on, fishwise and not.

Well lets start out with the betta kids... they are great! Love the little buggers to pieces, but they are always seeming to be getting in to one thing or another. I had my boy jump out of his tank a week or two ago, and after a little rehab he is looking better than ever. I moved him back to the divided tank last night and put in some plastic so he can no longer see his sister/gf-- he was spending wayyy too much time flirting! At one point when I was re-deviding the tank (gave the girl the whole 10 gal while the boy was in rehab in the 2.5) I put is cup he was acclimating on her side of t he divider--to redecorate a bit, and they were trying to get at eachother's throats the whole time.... it took me a while to redecorate because I was keeping such a close watch on the pair...... Lord, I have never seen any two fish go after each other like those two did!! They have really settled in, gotten used to me, and are such a joy. They *might* be moving into a 20 gal long in the near future, if I choose to upgrade my cornsnake (he is looking a little cramped) which will be divided for the pair to share. BUT, that is still just an idea.....

Next up are the balloon molly babies... my beloved balloon mama (one of my favorite fish) dropped on March 31st, meaning the babies are almost a month old. They are so cute, and growing really fast. They are still not quite large enough to be let out of the breeder net, but it shouldn't be long! I have 10 of them (no fatalities so far!) and they are mostly grayish looking, but a couple look slightly orangeish. Mom is dalmation, so maybe they will whiten up/get spots as they get older. I have no idea who dad is. I think I am going to keep at least a few of the females (perhaps all) but anyone interested in male balloons-- including the one male i have now-- let me know... lol IK this isn't BST, but just PM me.... Balloon mollies are the greatest, they are so personable and quite comical little buggers. They are also great for little tanks (only 1 inch!) Plus they WILL NOT breed with other livebearers (well at least other livebearers won't breed with them.... my 3 male platys show no interest in my female) lol my sales pitch.....Ir might take a while for me to figure out how to ship though....

Now onto equipment.... I got 2 new filters this week, an AC70 to replace my Penguin 200 that broke 2 nights ago, and a Whisper 10i (that I hate!) I love the AC70, the whisper.... not so much :/ It is so noisy, but at least for now I need it. If I do end up with the 20 long, my 10 gallon will go (likely sold to a good friend) and the Whisper will be going with it.... I thought it was supposed to be quiet!

Well, sorry for the book (lol) but I thought I would give everyone an update! Picture coming too as soon as I find my camera...

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for the update Rae, it's good to hear from you.
Glad everything is going well!

OP
rae64

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thanks for the comments guys just got back from an AMAZING 3 day fieldtrip..... haven't been of fishlore since we left! Maybe my whisper is defective... all the internal parts seem to be working fine, its just loud.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 88 66.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.0%

Top Bottom