Just some background help?

1. TheCoolFish Member Member

I was just wondering if there is a proper way to put on aquarium backgrounds?

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

I always had miscellaneous problems making those backgrounds come out right. Now I simply paint the back of all my tanks, which looks better to me anyway.

3. TheCoolFish Member Member

It's a shame that I already filled up my tank

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. claireputput Well Known Member Member

Hi, I use a hot glue gun to adhere the background. I do the top first and have the hubby hold the other side-give it a minute and then just keep going until I am at his end.
    Next I glue the bottom corner where I started and the other end where he is waiting.
    I then just trim off the sides with a box knife as I never remember to do this before I place the tank-just reminded me that I will need to do something to the reef tank-maybe! :)
    Good luck! :)

5. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I just use tape. Lol

6. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

I've tried a product called sea clear, mineral oil, petroleum jelly and all have eventually failed to keep the background stuck on enough. Paint to me seems like the best option or taping the background on, though, taping wont make the background look as vibrant.

7. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Mine is just a vinyl sheet, it sticks with water. Got it at petsmart. :)

8. TheCoolFish Member Member

Yah usually soap water works with mine but it didn't this time it fell off in like four days so for now it's taped

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum