Just Some Astrophotography!

Mongo75

Valued Member
Reaction score
Nice

What scope do you have? Did you use a moon filter?

I've got a Celestron 8" SCT with the VX mount. No guide scope/camera (yet), so doing a lot of planetary viewing. Too much light pollution to see many DSOs.

Recently bought a moon filter, but haven't tried it out yet. Tried looking at the June full moon without the filter, and it nearly blinded me, lol.

FrostedFlakes

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's the celestron VX 8" EdgeHD. I used a blue lens filter and it was perfect for bringing out those lunar features and not blinding me We have a lens case that comes with all the colored lenses. I've used the orange one before, and it did bring out features, but I didn't like how the was moon orange lol. Unfortunately, didn't have a DSLR to take the picture with so I just used a phone camera.

Mongo75

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have the model just under yours . I went with the Orion variable polarizing filter, but just haven't been motivated to use it yet.

I have a Nikon D3500 DSLR that I piggyback on my dovetail and have tried some imaging/stacking of the constellation Leo, back in the spring, but though successful, wasn't very satisfying. Now that it's getting darker earlier, I keep telling myself I need to get out and try Sagittarius, and possibly the milky way, before it gets too far to the west.

I'm in the desert, and you would think that would make for some good viewing, but Los Angeles is about an hour South, and the light pollution is horrible. I've gone out into the deep desert a few times, but between L.A, to the South and Lancaster/Palmdale to the east, it's not much better.

Oh well...

FrostedFlakes

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm around LA too, I totally understand the whole light pollution thing. Really have to go far out to get much

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom