Just sold my 5 glowlight tetras....time to consider the restocking...

1. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

So, I just sold my 5 glowlight tetras.... I'm thinking either Celestial Pearl Danios, Rumy Nose, or Long Fine White Clouds.... I could always do another pair of killis, but I think I'd only do 2 more... I'd also be worried about a ratio of 2 males to 3 females. Not a terrible ratio, but I've always liked it to be at least 1:2 or even 1:3.

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Is this for the 15 gallon? If so the white clouds & Cpd's won't like the gourami temperature & imo a 15 isn't big enough for a decent size shoal of rummys

3. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Really? Let me know if I'm wrong, but I thought dwarf gourami ideal temp was between 72-82F while CPDS ideal temp is between 73-79F? I'm getting those numbers from LiveAquaria. You're right about those white clouds though, thanks for pointing that out.

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I kept my Cpd's at 22c, they were very active & constantly breeding at that temperature, they may tolerate higher temperatures but having kept them I wouldn't recommend it.
    Just my opinion here, I wouldn't trust advice given by a website that wants to sell you something

5. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Fair enough. :) I wouldn't pay their exorbitant prices anyways.

6. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Maybe another trio of Fundulopanchax gardneri ‘Innidere’...

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

If you wanted another shoaling fish have you looked at ember tetras? They stay quite small, are colourful & wouldn't mind the higher temp

8. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Beautiful fish, but I'm not familiar with them, other than my general knowledge about tetras. How many would you recommend given my tank perameters? To be honest, I've always felt slightly guilty about keeping tetras in my 15 gallon high tank. I feel like they would appreciate more horizontal swim space (one of the reasons I was eager to sell the glowlights). I know embers stay pretty small so maybe the horizontal swim space is less critical. It is well planted for them.

9. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

They are a bit smaller than the glowlights so 5/6 would be ok in your tank

10. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

I guess by "just sold" I should have said, I have a buyer who is coming to meet me tomorrow to get the glowlights. Well, that buyer never came and I don't believe is coming so the glowlights still have a nice home. :)