Just showing off my new Sunset Dwarf Gourami and hoping to learn sex

stina3246

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was told he's a male because he's so colorful. He is in a 55 with a wagtail cross, ( so far no one can identify the variety....he's some mix but SO pretty) 5 little feeder guppies a rainbow shark who is very curious about him and a tiny tiger barb who takes turns as to who he hangs out with.. All of them are small and quite young. The gouramI and the Platy love each other. They swim together (not annoying each other) Hide together and eat together. So far everyone is getting along, no harrassing or chasing but I have other tanks already set up if I need to move anyone so please no reprimands as I have already stated that I have a plan B however constructive advise and suggestions are welcome. Eventually I want 3 Dwarfs. I still want a Powder blue and one other colorful one of some variety. pics-5.jpgpics-6.jpgpics-16.jpgpics-17.jpgpics-22.jpgpics-23.jpgpics-26.jpg

tyguy7760

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Yep I have 3 myself. They are my favorite fish. It looks like a male to me but I'm not 100% sure. Normally the males are much more streamlined where the females have large barrel chests and abdomens. Yours seems streamlined so I would guess male.

EDIT: The picture in my avatar is a female. Notice the lowered chest/abdomen area. Yours does not have this which is the reason I'm guessing male.

OP
S

stina3246

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks guys! I guess I'll be doing a little more research on him. The pet store said Dwarf but you know how much they actually know! LOL
Regardless I love him. He's so pretty.

tyguy7760

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
He looks good. They are very friendly. My male and one of my females typically let me pet them. They are the only fish in my tank that will let me do that. They are my favorite fish for a reason.

New Threads