Just planted my new tank!

Discussion in 'Photos' started by cichlidman, Jan 4, 2013.

1. cichlidman

cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

IMG_20130104_012516.jpg I picked a 75 gallon of craigslist last night for cheap and had live plants coming out my ears. So i set up . Took me a few hours but it was worth it :eek:

2. AnthonyC4C

AnthonyC4CWell Known MemberMember

Did you put black flourite over gravel? Great job on the plant dispersement

3. OP
    OP
    cichlidman

I used black diamond blasting sand (coal slag )over flourite among other things ( red clay ,soil , and a few other thin layers)

4. AnthonyC4C

I was actually going to take out all my gravel screen the UGF system and use black flourite tomorrow..lol well today since its after midnight lol

5. OP
    OP
    cichlidman

id be careful with that you might make the tank re cycle

6. nippybetta

nippybettaWell Known MemberMember

You've got a lot of crypts. I'd also like to add that I love your gold angels.

7. escapay

escapayWell Known MemberMember

Gorgeous tank!

8. vaughansr3New MemberMember

Love the look of your tank...just beautiful! It's exactly the look I'll be going for in my 55g community tank. This may seem like a silly question but, how do you vacuum out the gravel with all the plants in it? Do you vacuum the gravel or do you just do water changes?

9. OP
    OP
    cichlidman

i do not vacuum any of my tanks. (unless something is really messed up) Most of my tanks are sand with strong filter currents. So the junk gets stirred up and removed via my canister filters . i do a 15- 20% water change about every 5-9 days (when i find time )

10. AnthonyC4C

Hey I stopped at my LFS... they had a few of your Angels with the orange/red head, white and black under the name redheaded koi angelfish, would that be the correct name.

11. OP
    OP
    cichlidman

yes i think so. 3 of mine are Golden angels and 1 koi

12. OP
    OP
    cichlidman

Heres the tank today after a big trimming IMG_20130329_131038.jpgIMG_20130329_131048.jpg

13. macca

maccaWell Known MemberMember

cichlidman, yup. exactly what happened to me. I rescaped to 28ltrs and a 55g and i'm not sure if I stirred up gunk or the tank re-cycled or both but ammonia, nitrite and nitrate hit high dangerous levels. Luckily I had a couple of spare filters and got it under control in two days.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice