Just my lil picspam

1. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Half of this is to test out the new posting feature and half to unload most of the pics i have taken recently :p.

Most of these will be Sol, the betta and Rio, the king snake, with a possible Rango, the gecko
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Loving his 10gal section.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Let me say this, she is officially above the average length for her species. Well over 3ft now.

[​IMG]
    Gecko in pan is worth 1 in hand
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tis be how you sex them, she be she. I was checking for ovulation aswell. No ovulation in this photo.

2. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

They all look great!

3. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

I really like the betta and gecko!

4. Borisbbadd Guest

Great pictures !!!

5. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

That gecko has a fat tail! I like Rio, how big is he? How long have you had him?

6. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Rio is around 4ft now, shes still only 3. Rango the gecko, shes actually on a diet as of right now. She weighs in at 80-85g which is a lot for a gecko her age, however her size permits it. Shes what would be Ideal for breeding, which she will not be doing.

7. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Is Rio very friendly? I had a ball python that was the sweetest snake! I miss him :(

8. blu3dragon619 Member Member

that geko is nasty i will never touch one of that lol, but the betta, now thats nice... where did u find a betta like that?

9. kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I love geckos! I used to work at an animal hospital and we would see them from time to time. I love their little feeties!

10. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Gee thanks, rango loves you too -__-. Shes not nasty, shes my baby and i love the darned little gecko. Shes beautiful. As for Rio, shes a very very sweet little girl. Shes a Grey banded King-snake, Dark Blair morph. She has never struck at me. Sol, my betta, was a gift from petsmart from my Stepfather attempting to replace Nero, my copper CT. Sols a great little guy(literally, hes still a juvi by default.) Compared to Elton, my other HMPK hes about half the size of an adult betta, still growing.

11. mmolitor87 Well Known Member Member

I love the tail on Sol! Like a pretty fan. :) Rango's eyes are <3...are all gecko's eyes grey? Honest question cause I don't know. ^^; Rio looks sooooooo curious. Doesn't seem hard to get good pics of at all lol.

12. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

ohh, nice question on eyes. The fallowing is on Leopard gecko eyes.

To start, we have your basic normal eyes which are the granite ones you see on rango.
    Then theres albino eyes. There are 3 strains of albino, only way to tell the difference is by the eyes. between light pink, dark pink and pink grey. Not as easy as it sounds.
    Theres also the enigma gene, which puts orangein the eyes. Anything from a little orange wisps that you barley see to solid orange(looks like fire).
    Eclipse eyes, have solid black on them, covers partial or total.
    Marbled- self explained really
    Snake eyes- self explained.

So yes, there are MANY types of leo eyes, all associated with the different morphs. My little SHTCT can only have normal though. Geckos can be squirmy, which is a pain for pics. I may go through 20-30 and post what you see.

heres a younger pic, her eyes were wow in this one.
    [​IMG]

13. mmolitor87 Well Known Member Member

Yes! Very pretty. :) lol look how much thinner her tail was. :p

14. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

same size in proportion really. Its a fat storage, as they get older it gets fatter.

15. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Great photos and beautiful critters! :)

Ken

16. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks! Of course, i should probably post some more recent photos im thinking, just to give the thread some more life if we will be revisiting it. I shall get the camera.