Just made a split second decision. Need HELP!

wtusa1783

Reaction score
So I just stopped in at my lfs and I saw an orange Sunkist shrimp and it was burried so I bought it. I picked up what I think is a male also. I have a few options. I have a 5 gal betta tank but I don’t know if my Betta will eat it. I also have a 20 gallon but it has a peacock gudgeon which might eat them. I’m also setting up a 15 gallon shrimp tank tomorrow for my birthday but it’s not set up yet. Also, I planned to setup the tank as a cherry shrimp tank. I plan on putting it in the betta tank but I don’t want him to eat them. Is there anything I can do to prevent my betta from eating it? I could add a dragon stone that they could go in if I needed to. Any help is appreciated. I need help FAST!

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Personally I would put them in the gudgeon tank. Which one has more cover?

As a note your 15 gallon will not be ready for shrimp when you set it up.. it needs to cycle and mature so the shrimp have many food sources. The cycle+maturing process will take 3-6 months.

OP
W

wtusa1783

Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Personally I would put them in the gudgeon tank. Which one has more cover?

As a note your 15 gallon will not be ready for shrimp when you set it up.. it needs to cycle and mature so the shrimp have many food sources. The cycle+maturing process will take 3-6 months.
I have cycled media and snails to add waste. I have bacter ae to creat biofilm. I plan to add the shrimp after 3-4 weeks

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom