Just inherited a massive tinfoil barb!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by kidster9700, Aug 8, 2015.

1. kidster9700

kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

Look at this guy! He was being raised solo and is happy, I'm putting him in my 55 (you can look at the current stock on my profile) ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439054390.929307.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439054399.816651.jpg
    His tank mate was that blue gourami that has amazing coloration. I'm hoping to put the blue in the 55 as well. It's apparently been fine for well over a year with the barb. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Tin foils can get over a foot long & really should be kept in groups.
    If you can't upgrade as he grows & get more then I'd suggest you return him

3. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

It's not a "return" thing. He was donated to me. So I'll probably end up selling him. Should I even keep him until he gets to big or just sell him now?
    Also, just while being on the topic of the 55, do you think the blue gourami will be safe with an angelfish? Otherwise, would it be okay in a 38 with two pearl gourami?

Oh, and just so you guys know, he's probably stunted since he came from a 46 bowfront.

4. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I wouldn't trust it on it's own with other fish, I would guess since they are barbs they will be aggressive in groups less than 6. I'd get rid of it now.
    The blue gourami should be fine with angelfish in that size tank. What sex is the gourami?

5. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

I don't know if the gourami is a boy or girl. I think a male but I didn't really look that hard. Sold the barb.

6. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

OK, good. I would say it should be fine (the gourami) but keep an eye on it.

7. OP
    OP
    kidster9700

Apparently the red severum is "being a butt" towards the gourami. But as long as the little "arms" aren't getting nipped, it'll be okay.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice