Some of the inhabitants:

4vWD1eL.jpg

CjOgPRN.jpg

IT8ytYS.jpg

KFbHu8Q.jpg

A1cwrtn.jpg

L2OdUdl.jpg

9bdSEE8.jpg

and one lone neon tetra. I am going to quarantine some buddies for him in my 5 gallon Q-tank so hope within few weeks he'll be able to shoal!
    4bw7DF2.jpg

Future Plans:

I like this tank artificial, no plan to add live plants atm. I'm thinking just going to maintain it.

Future stocking plans: Obviously more neon tetras
    1 small pleco! :)

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Hello! :) I really like it!
    Unfortunately, you really should not keep Neon Tetras with Bettas as the betta requires warmer water than of the neons.
    I suggest taking the neon back and replacing that with harlequin rasboras, glowlight tetras, or ember tetras.

You may also want to be careful with the gourami, rams, and bettas.
    How many bettas do you have now? That first gray one looks like a male to me.

3. OP
    OP
    Gamer

Gamer Well Known Member Member

I actually might move my neon and ram to a different tank.

I am wanting the dwarf to remain though. Crossing fingers they are not issues.

I have 6 bettas now, they were all sold as females. Can males be boisterous and quick moving? The males I've had have been slow moving and more sedate than females. Not saying you're incorrect that the first is male...BUT I SURE HOPE YOU ARE THOUGH!!!!! :D

4. Adrian Burke

Adrian Burke Member Member

What kind are that grayish Cory?

5. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

There are short finned male battas, but there hard to find. Most times your asking for trouble with a male in a community, or a sorority. Here you have both Lol.

6. OP
    OP
    Gamer

It's a bronze, I got 3 more of them and the one albino with his head in the sand

I hope not Dave, I got that one from LiveAquaria, That and the white one. Hope they didn't goof.

7. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I think the first betta is most definitely a male, and the other two are females.

8. OP
    OP
    Gamer

Despite sororities becoming more and more popular I do realize there's still always that big risk in keeping female bettas together. That is the level of risk I as the owner personally feel comfortable with. I do NOT feel comfortable adding a male into the mix though. I would not intentionally add a male to a sorority, or likely even a community tank period. It's unfortunate if I mistakenly purchased a male.
    :(

9. OP
    OP
    Gamer

See he looks more feminine (female) here? (on one right)

KZo3mCR.jpg

10. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

Yea she looks like a female. I've tried a single male in a community many times over the years, and always had to remove them. I've yet to find a male comfortable with it. Every female I've tried did just fine. I'm glad you have a successful community/sorority. I love battas, both male and female, but there a bit too high maintenance for me.