Just got my dad a betta tank!

armadillo
He kept saying he wanted a really simple fish, so I got him a 60L and am cycling it for him now. In 6 weeks or so, we'll go and get him his first .... female betta. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

capekate
awwww... that's really sweet Armadillo. Good for him!

armadillo
Thanks, Kate! I can't wait. He promised me he wouldn't buy her without me. It was a really good father-daughter outting, btw! I'd recommend you all get your parents hooked, LOL!

My dad is nuts about animals and in my twisted, evil mind, I strongly intend on giving him MTS!

They pH is 8.0, though, so I'll have to bite the bullet and tell my mom that discus might not be such a great idea (she was dreaming of it)

Tazmiche
Great news!!!

armadillo
he he he. I'm only following your footsteps, Michelle, LOL.

Although I'm working on my mom and dad, and you've only got your mom hooked. Go on, young lady, you've got some catching up to do!

Tazmiche
haha, I'll get on his case asap then!!

armadillo
Yes please, onto it. Chop chop!

Oh let's do a contest! The one whose parents gets the more tanks and fish wins, LOL!

Callum The Cat
ohh my mum will so win she sort of shares with me lol

Peace Out Callum!

Callum The Cat
They pH is 8.0, though, so I'll have to bite the bullet and tell my mom that discus might not be such a great idea (she was dreaming of it)

with a pH of about 8.0 u could have some african chiclids malwais are better because they thirive in a pH of 8 and they are alllllllll diffrent colours

Peace Out Callum!

Tazmiche
Yes please, onto it. Chop chop!

Oh let's do a contest! The one whose parents gets the more tanks and fish wins, LOL!

HEHE!! I've started working on my Aunty. She has a chiropody clinic and I called in today and told her a fish tank would be nice and calming for the clients!! She didn't say no just that she would be too busy to clean the tank, so obviously I said I would!! I said a girl betta to interact with the clients!! Maybe a couple of cories too!! I saw some stunning boy bettas today, veiltails, all in tact, no nips, rot! I HATE being poor!! I'll keep working on her. She finds my new hobby hilarious as she has seen me in tears with fear when fish were my phobia!! Us fish freaks will take over the world yet!!!!!

armadillo
Good one, good one. OK, then, I'll start again insisting with our receptionist at work that we ABSOLUTELY need a fish tank!

COBettaCouple
;D keep this up getting others hooked on fish and you could go door-to-door, selling aquarium kits. :;jk

armadillo
Yeah, kind of like Betta's witnesses, LOL.

Allie
That's cool that your Dad likes fish...my parents really just don't care. They think our tanks are pretty but they don't get excited.
We got a bunch of our neighbors and friends into fish...they come here and see our tanks & want their own. It's kinda funny.

armadillo
Cool about your neighbours. I've got this contest going with Michelle now (Tazmiche) about how many people we're going to hook.

My parents are nuts about all animals.

Not sure it's going to work out about my dad and the female betta, thouhg. He's already called me to whinge that the water stunk (am trying to cycle by letting some fish bits from the supermarket rot).

Allie
Cool about your neighbours. I've got this contest going with Michelle now (Tazmiche) about how many people we're going to hook.

My parents are nuts about all animals.

Not sure it's going to work out about my dad and the female betta, thouhg. He's already called me to whinge that the water stunk (am trying to cycle by letting some fish bits from the supermarket rot).
Eww I hate that smell too..rotten fish yummy.

armadillo
YEah, but he's a panicker. It's a right pain. So now he's like: you told me it could be easy, I asked for an easy fish. Ya dI ya dI ya da.

To think he's panicking like that and he's not even got a fish yet, LOL.

Tazmiche
hey LA my dad was in a panic today because Honey keeps spitting food out!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA I'll get him hooked soon!!!!

he was thrilled that she came over to him when he went ito my sitting room! I was packing to come and stay at my mates house, he said to my mum 'she likes me,try to feed her whilst i'm here, she might eat for me!!!!' hahaha bless him!!

She is eating but being very picky. My friend is in Egypt for 2 weeks so I am house/dogs/cats/horse sitting for her. Luckily she has VERY VERY comfy guest bed, my own bathroom and I get to drive their jeep aswell.

I just wish I could bring Honey here. Spot has moved into the big kitchen and has half flared twice this week!!!!!! my baby is growing up!!

Well I'll stop my waffle now, will post dog pics (one is an old lab/spaniel cross other a teenage rottie beast!!!) from this house and will clear a space here for a tank!!!! It is my second home and she did own a pet shop before this job!!!! so she may not notice the tank and may be ok about it if she does!!!

Allie
YEah, but he's a panicker. It's a right pain. So now he's like: you told me it could be easy, I asked for an easy fish. Ya dI ya dI ya da.

To think he's panicking like that and he's not even got a fish yet, LOL.
LOL...parents panic over thing that we wouldn't. You should see my mom when she has a dinner party. lol

armadillo
Ooooh, sneakily getting your friends hooked. I like your style, I like your style!

Good call on yoru dad. I'd say he's nice and ready. You need to jump soon, while he's still weak.

Today, my mom was asking how difficult upside down catfish were to keep, and aboutnames of mouth brooding fish species. Whoooo hooo.

hey LA my dad was in a panic today because Honey keeps spitting food out!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA I'll get him hooked soon!!!!

he was thrilled that she came over to him when he went ito my sitting room! I was packing to come and stay at my mates house, he said to my mum 'she likes me,try to feed her whilst i'm here, she might eat for me!!!!' hahaha bless him!!

She is eating but being very picky. My friend is in Egypt for 2 weeks so I am house/dogs/cats/horse sitting for her. Luckily she has VERY VERY comfy guest bed, my own bathroom and I get to drive their jeep aswell.

I just wish I could bring Honey here. Spot has moved into the big kitchen and has half flared twice this week!!!!!! my baby is growing up!!

Well I'll stop my waffle now, will post dog pics (one is an old lab/spaniel cross other a teenage rottie beast!!!) from this house and will clear a space here for a tank!!!! It is my second home and she did own a pet shop before this job!!!! so she may not notice the tank and may be ok about it if she does!!!

Tazmiche
hehehe!

COBettaCouple
it's catchy

is it any wonder that fish keeping is such a growing hobby and fish are worthy of pet status? ;D

armadillo
My brother-in-law, sjust told us he's received a tank full of guppies from his brother in law (a prize-winning aquarist). That reminds me, I need to organise a visit!

COBettaCouple
visiting?

are you visiting the gups or your brother-in-law. :;a

My brother-in-law, sjust told us he's received a tank full of guppies from his brother in law (a prize-winning aquarist). That reminds me, I need to organise a visit!

armadillo
Well my brother in law's brother in law's great tank, actually! But I'll definitely pay the guppies a visit.

Here's the deal:
  • My husband has a brother.
  • The brother has a live-in girlfriend.
  • The girlfriend has a brother.
  • The girlfriend's brother is a total fish-geek and gave them the guppy tank.
  • I have to meet the brother and check out his setup!

Confused? You will be!

COBettaCouple
ummmm... ok.

chickadee
Are you trying to give us a headache?

I am totally cross-eyed on that one but good luck on the guppy tank.

Rose

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
maddiegrace
Top Bottom