Just got a steal at petsmart

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by DanB80TTS, Jul 22, 2015.

1. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS Well Known Member Member

I may be dreaming, but I just picked up a Fluval spec V for $33.xx using petsperk card at petsmart. They were on the shelf for $50 which is a bargain as is, their website lists them at $85 I think.

So if you are looking for a 5gallon tank from a well respected quality brand, check your petsmart!
    Now to decide betta or shrimp.

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

What? Really? Too bad my MTS is already bad :( lol

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

That is a super good deal.. I paid around $150 for my Spec V..

4. OP
    OP
    DanB80TTS

Wife wasn't too happy lol

5. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Yeah, but how can you resist at that price? :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. OP
    OP
    DanB80TTS

So with 7500k LEDs it should grow plants just fine! I only plan on simple,low light anyway.
    Something I just noticed, on the box it says the spec is friendly for, bettas, GOLDFISH, BARBS, crystal red shrimp, danios, snails, and mountain minnows.
    That kind of makes me wonder about my respect for Hagen Fluval if they are recommending those fish I highlighted.

7. lbonini1

lbonini1 Well Known Member Member

You'd have to lose respect for every major aquatic brand (Tetra, Top Fin, Aqueon, etc) they've all got some type of kit that's 2.5-5 gallons and is recommended for Goldfish. Just something us aquarists have to live with until they finally get their heads out of their piles of money and do research. They'd make a lot more money because they'd be selling larger tanks and more equipment. So it'd be a win-win.

I got off on a tangent. xD Sorry

8. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Yeah the 7500k's should grow low light plants fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice