Just got a new tank

TheDustyRain

Ok so there was an incredible sale on a 70 gallon tank with stand at petsmart, we have two ten gallons and a bow front 36 gallon.

tank a ten gal. One crawfish.
Tank b ten gal. Bamboo shrimp ram horn snails (that are breeding and I’m happy about it cuz baby snail’s are cute and I can feed my crayfish treats if they get too much) and a couple danios
Tank c 36 gal lots of mostly peaceful fish though we got some eel like loaches...

I want the 70 gallon to house most of the 36 gallon tank, all fish except loaches, we want to get semi aggressive pretty cichlids for that 36 gal tank,
I’ve started some plants but I really am guessing if I’m doing things right. I only have gravel in the tanks now, I got some dirt like substrate for the 70 gal as I mentioned I want it to be very planted....

Basically I’m looking for help what to get to make sure I’m not wasting time or money. I’ve watch a ton of YouTube videos but I’ve always really relied on this forum for final say info.
The fish we’re putting with the crayfish I’ve already determined are either considered Safe tank mates or we’re Not concerned if they become lunch. I really want a healthy happy tank to watch grow and to do that I want to learn to do it right. Any info is helpful and appreciated!
I know I need to set up the tank and let a cycle run so not to have a big bloom...I have a link from here on nitrogen cycles and that.

Bruinfishkeeper1

Ok so there was an incredible sale on a 70 gallon tank with stand at petsmart, we have two ten gallons and a bow front 36 gallon.

tank a ten gal. One crawfish.
Tank b ten gal. Bamboo shrimp ram horn snails (that are breeding and I’m happy about it cuz baby snail’s are cute and I can feed my crayfish treats if they get too much) and a couple danios
Tank c 36 gal lots of mostly peaceful fish though we got some eel like loaches...

I want the 70 gallon to house most of the 36 gallon tank, all fish except loaches, we want to get semi aggressive pretty cichlids for that 36 gal tank,
I’ve started some plants but I really am guessing if I’m doing things right. I only have gravel in the tanks now, I got some dirt like substrate for the 70 gal as I mentioned I want it to be very planted....

Basically I’m looking for help what to get to make sure I’m not wasting time or money. I’ve watch a ton of YouTube videos but I’ve always really relied on this forum for final say info.
The fish we’re putting with the crayfish I’ve already determined are either considered Safe tank mates or we’re Not concerned if they become lunch. I really want a healthy happy tank to watch grow and to do that I want to learn to do it right. Any info is helpful and appreciated!
I know I need to set up the tank and let a cycle run so not to have a big bloom...I have a link from here on nitrogen cycles and that.
Hi there!

I'm a little bit confused on the question you're asking. Are you asking about what setup you should have (in terms of equipment, plants, and some stocking?)

also the eel like loaches are Kuhli Loaches (I think). If they are banded black and yellow (well sometimes it's a full black kuhli loaches) then yeah they are kuhli loaches. I would actaully say that you should move the loaches since they are actually nervous little wrecks that your semi-aggresive cichlids may have a weird relationship with. Although if you 36g is planted really well then I would say that you could keep them in!

As for as if you want to know about semi-aggresive cichlids for your 36g I would do: A pair of Apistogrammas, a pair of Kribensis, a pair of angels could work, bolivian rams, scarlet badis

Upvote 0

TheDustyRain

I thought I had replied to this but it looks like I didn’t actually submit it, basically asking if those loaches are safe with crawfish, and for help with plants. I got some dirt type stuff but I don’t know what plants REALLY need not some website trying to get me to but a bunch of stuff I dont ACTUALLY need...

Crayfish+Khuli loaches safe or not? mostly worried about crayfish than the loaches

and help with tips for plants

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
CrackerboxPalace
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
  • Question
Replies