Just got a mustard spot pleco

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by allaboutfish, Dec 10, 2012.

1. allaboutfish

allaboutfishWell Known MemberMember

So i just got a mustard spot pleco from my lfs for 40.00z. He is super cool looking. They also had medusa plecos for 35.00. Which i wanted too but i barely convinced my mom to get the mustard spot do i wasn't gonna push it. Pics when i get home.

Will upload pictures after school today.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

Congrats on the new Pleco! Looking forward to photos. :) I bet it's a beauty!

I've never had good luck keeping more than 1 Pleco per tank. Others may have been more fortunate. I would suggest more research prior to adding a second Pleco of any type to be on the safe side.

Ken

3. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

Oh this is going in my 55. I've been successful with keeping multiple bn or similar sized plecos in my 55.

4. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

If they are of similar size and there is enough space, then it can work.

5. AlexAlexWell Known MemberMember

I have two Brown BN Pleco's in my 75 Gallon. They were bought from the same breeder and at the same time. I think it works well (usually) when they are acclimated or put in the tank at the same time.

6. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

Yea it depends. I've had 2 bn and a bulldog in a 55 with no problems.

7. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

Im starting to think that its a snowball pleco instead of a mustard spot. any opinions?
    heres some pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  8. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Hello :) what a pretty plec he is beautiful and I would have to agree looks more like a snowball than mustard spot. I was considering one for my 63 when I get it but snowballs aren't that good at keeping algae at bay and are omnivores so also appreciate meaty treats too.

Still a really pretty plec :)

Also they are pretty peaceful too so may tolerate another plec tankmate as long as its not too aggressive

9. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Beautiful! :)

Ken

10. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Hello ken :) that's the website I've been using to research my plecs ready for my tank :)

11. OP
    OP
    allaboutfish

I actually went on the planetcatfish forum and they helped narrow it down to the snowball of this pleco

I just need a good pic of his mouth to figure out which one. Problem is i haven't seen him clean the glass once.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice