Question Just got a mat of Micro Sword....Is it alright if I float it?

Sheena-Phx

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello everyone. I just got in a mat of Micro Sword a little bit ago. I wasn't expecting it to arrive yet, so I was wondering if it would be safe to float for a few days without being rooted in the substrate? If so, how long do you think it would be good for? I know that it cannot remain floating, I'm just trying to see how much time I will have to redo a tank, before I can get this planted down. I know it needs lots of light, and because it's in "mat" form right now, and floating, it's right next to the light. How long do you think I'll be safe doing this before it begins to affect the Micro Sword in a negative way? I don't want to risk the plant. If you have experience with Micro Sword I would love to hear your advice! Any and all opinions are welcome, as always. Thanks so much!

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, I think it would be fine left floating for a few days, hopefully our planted members will confirm or offer other opinions today

wishuponafish

Reaction score
I was lazy and just jammed chunks of the mat into the gravel instead of separating it into little bits but my loaches kept digging it up... I got tired of re-planting it each time so I left it and most of the mat's been floating for months and it looks just fine.

New Threads