Just got a 20 gallon long tank (update 02-10-20)

QCAquaholic

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My betta is going to get quite an upgrade from the 3.5 gallon I got him a few months ago. I'm going to get some more decorations and plants later. I got some of that API Quick Start so I can transfer him over soon, but he's still in the 3.5 at the moment because the water is a tad too warm.

Does anyone know what the two larger plants are? I bought a 4 pack of betta bulbs a couple of months ago, and those two are the only ones that grew.

I also would like to get him some tank mates, which I will quarantine first. Could I put some corys in this? I was thinking the pygmy variety. I will get some schooling fish too later.

The dimensions are 30 1/4" x 12 1/2" x 12 3/4"

I will get some background too.

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BettaBender said:
My betta is going to get quite an upgrade from the 3.5 gallon I got him a few months ago. I'm going to get some more decorations and plants later. I got some of that API Quick Start so I can transfer him over soon, but he's still in the 3.5 at the moment because the water is a tad too warm.

Does anyone know what the two larger plants are? I bought a 4 pack of betta bulbs a couple of months ago, and those two are the only ones that grew.

I also would like to get him some tank mates, which I will quarantine first. Could I put some corys in this? I was thinking the pygmy variety. I will get some schooling fish too later.

The dimensions are 30 1/4" x 12 1/2" x 12 3/4"

I will get some background too.
Not really sure what kind of plants those are maybe the right one is a sword of some sort?
But nice tank! I think this stocking could work,
1x Betta
7x Harlequin Rasboras or Ember Tetras
7x Pygmy Corydoras

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
BettaBender said:
Should I get an air stone for this setup?
You don’t necessarily need an air stone. With some surface agitation from your filter that tank should be fine, especially a 20L that has good oxygenation properties already because of its shorter height.

OP
QCAquaholic

QCAquaholic

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He seems to really like his new home. He's been all over exploring.

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dwarf cories might be a better choice in case the betta gets pecky. if you get pygmy cories I suggest you get a school of at least 15. If you get dwarf cories, a school of 6 will work.

OP
QCAquaholic

QCAquaholic

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Noroomforshoe said:
Dwarf cories might be a better choice in case the betta gets pecky. if you get pygmy cories I suggest you get a school of at least 15. If you get dwarf cories, a school of 6 will work.
I was not aware there was a difference. Dwarf cory seems like the way to go. Thanks!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom